Best camera for video: Casio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a very versatile camera that is useful for video of a golf swing. I suppose this means a high rate of FPS, and easy manipulation of slow/stop action frame-to-frame.

My teacher uses a Casio.

I also need this for family use and stills.

I like the idea of an SLR with HD capability, as this will be a "do everything" tool, including high quality still work, but I don't know if any SLRs have a high rate of FPS and easy enough to manipulate.

Thanks.

I just picked up a Casio FH25 and absolutely love it. Easy to use and the movies it takes are awesome. I haven't taken any pictures with it yet but I'm sure it would do a fantastic job.

Ditto, I have FH-20 (FH-25 just came out). Lot's written in forum about these cameras.
Google FH-20 and you will find some very in-depth camera reviews.

Recommend not going with the smaller versions. You need some bulk
if you are going to video golf swings.

Ditto, I have FH-20 (FH-25 just came out). Lot's written in forum about these cameras.
Google FH-20 and you will find some very in-depth camera reviews.

Recommend not going with the smaller versions. You need some bulk
if you are going to video golf swings.

Is that similar to the one Brian had at GTE?

I just got the Casio EX-FC150, in a word it is awesome. Play back at 120 and 240FPS is smooth and crystal clear. Obviously still some blurring of the club head/shaft in frame by frame play back, but still more than clear enough to tell where your hands/shaft/club head are in relation to each other. Play back at 420 and 1000FPS is a bit grainy, but, higher levels of light help reduce that a bit. I found mine on Amazon for $299. As far as it's other functions as just a camera, it's great and has a lot of neat features like continuous shooting, high speed, facial recognition, night time modes etc.

ej20

New
I just got the Casio EX-FC150, in a word it is awesome. Play back at 120 and 240FPS is smooth and crystal clear. Obviously still some blurring of the club head/shaft in frame by frame play back, but still more than clear enough to tell where your hands/shaft/club head are in relation to each other. Play back at 420 and 1000FPS is a bit grainy, but, higher levels of light help reduce that a bit. I found mine on Amazon for $299. As far as it's other functions as just a camera, it's great and has a lot of neat features like continuous shooting, high speed, facial recognition, night time modes etc.

I thought the FC150 has shutter priority.You can manually adjust shutter speed to eliminate shaft blur unlike the older FC100.

Thanks EJ, I didnt know that. I'll have to tinker around with the settings next time I use it. That's the one thing I will have to fault Casio on is that the instruction manual was kind of sparse. It pretty much was "This is how you turn the camera on, this is how to take a picture and this is how to shoot a video and save it"

Thanks EJ, I didnt know that. I'll have to tinker around with the settings next time I use it. That's the one thing I will have to fault Casio on is that the instruction manual was kind of sparse. It pretty much was "This is how you turn the camera on, this is how to take a picture and this is how to shoot a video and save it"

The FH-25 was the same way. As someone who is not very good with cameras I've been trying to figure everything out on the fly. A question for Casio FH-25 or 20 users, is it normal for the 420fps and 1000fps to be so grainy?

Status
Not open for further replies.