Best grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of and experimented with various golf grips,i.e. The Sarazan grip, the Norman grip, the Varden grip, the interlock, the baseball and the ten finger grip. What are the advantages of each and who would benefit from these various grips.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Any of em might work no doubt.

For me, I use an interlock BECAUSE my right pinky pops off my left index finger at the top (of backswing) if I overlap. Esp. so in the rain. Probably because I don't have real big hands. (ladies large glove if I wear one, PS no jokes please! :)) I don't have a lot of wristcock either. (a sudden stop of the shaft loading at the top perhaps?)

And the rest of the grips I don't find so comfy. Maybe not as effective either but I haven't even given em a lot of time. (other than the overlap)

Works for me, makes sense, and I don't see myself going away from it anytime soon.

I may tinker with a Moe Norman grip or some sort of baseball grip one day (because I tinker with everything) if I suddenly feel like it.

For me it's more about the relationship of both hands that is important not the way one finger of the left hand connects to one finger of the right hand. Being aware of and utilizing TGM pressure points have helped my swing a whole lot!

Matt

When I switched to the Ben Hogan grip it changed my game forever. If you are fairly athletic, give it a try.
I have a question about the RIGHT HAND grip as described by Hogan in Five Fundamentals. On page 25, he says "the shaft lies across the top joint of the four fingers and definitely below the palm". There are illustrations on pgs. 25-26, but I can't tell if he wants the shaft along the joint near the tips of the fingers or along the joint near the base of the fingers.

Don't mean to thread-jack, but this always confused me. Thanks.

RIduffer, the photo on the left side of pg. 25 shows what you would see if you were holding the club in front of you. From that position, close the fingers and then the thumb. There is very little pressure applied by the pinkie, the index finger and the thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.