Best Grips to Control Clubface Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've been using the Lamkin Crosslines to some degree of success. The problem is I have to soap and wash them down almost after every round (even after a range session), otherwise they'll get slick.

Any tricks to make some tackier longer?

I'm looking for grips similar to the feel that baseball players have with their gripless bats with lots of pinetar. I just love that sticky feel.

Personally,

I can't use crosslines or tour velvets. I tried the Winn grips and did NOT like them. Tried the New Decade grips from Golf Pride...same thing.

I totally love the Lamkin Dual Density grips. If you have sweaty hands, these are the ticket.

I'm guessing you have sweaty hands also...

I can't use crosslines or tour velvets. I tried the Winn grips and did NOT like them. Tried the New Decade grips from Golf Pride...same thing.

I totally love the Lamkin Dual Density grips. If you have sweaty hands, these are the ticket.

Which ones are you talking about? Dual Density Torsion Control? or the Dual Density Crosslines? How durable are the ones you use?

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
If you have sweaty hands the best grips you could possibly get are leather, the sweatier the hands the "tackier" they get, they are awesome in the rain. I love them. Try 'em and you'll like them too, I promise.

gripmaster Leather

If you have sweaty hands the best grips you could possibly get are leather, the sweatier the hands the "tackier" they get, they are awesome in the rain. I love them. Try 'em and you'll like them too, I promise.

Agreed. Gripmaster leather, nothing beats them. They have one to
meet everyones game.
Sweat to the oldies.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
When you see the caddies rubbing/wiping down grips, are they using a dry or damp towel?

Usually a dry towel, rubber grips and sweat are not a good combo, best to keep rubber grips as dry as possible.

I am really surprised more people do not use leather with the putter and wedges especially, not having to use a golf glove with the wedges around the green has really enhanced my feel for those shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.