Mickey Wright
Joyce Weathered
Ben Hogan
Byron Nelson
Tom Watson
Tiger Woods
Jim Ferree
Bob Schaeffer(before injuries)
These are some of my favorites and I hope this opinion spurs plentiful conjecture.MK

Last edited:
Lee Trevino
George Knudson
Ben Hogan
Tom Weiskopf
Al Geiberger
Patty Sheehan (Maybe 2nd best ever)
Mickey Wright (Maybe the best ever)

Some that come to mind...

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Interesting in these 'types' of threads when Mike Finney gets mentioned. I think that he has an outstanding golf swing.

What do you think Mike??
Without being modest!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Here are the ones I have spent the most amount of time looking at/studying

Sam Snead
Ben Hogan
Tony Lema
George Knudson
Sergio Garcia
Bobby Jones
Julius Boros
O'Grady
Boo Weekley
Joe Durant
Constantino Rocca
Mine :)

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Is the criteria beauty or results? I also think you have to disqualify yourself from picking anybody you haven't seen hit balls live. I just think you have to see and hear the ballflight to be able to make a real judgement
My list:

Faldo
Duval
Tiger
Price
Couples
Elk
O'Grady
Hal Sutton

Is the criteria beauty or results? I also think you have to disqualify yourself from picking anybody you haven't seen hit balls live. I just think you have to see and hear the ballflight to be able to make a real judgement
My list:

Faldo
Duval
Tiger
Price
Couples
Elk
O'Grady
Hal Sutton

Good Point.

I have seen everyone on my list in person except Hogan and Snead. But I just can't take either of them off the list. They are just too good.

I wish I could have seen Faldo at his peak and a lot of people say O'Grady was in a league of his own.

I will add, Boo Weekley had the most amazing sound at impact I have ever heard. It's hard to describe except to say that it sounded percussive. I could have watched and listened to him hit balls all day.

dale47

New
Lee Trevino
Gene Sarazan
Ian Woosnam
Gene Litler
Colin Montgomery
Payne Stewart
Allan Doyle

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Good Point.

I have seen everyone on my list in person except Hogan and Snead. But I just can't take either of them off the list. They are just too good.

I wish I could have seen Faldo at his peak and a lot of people say O'Grady was in a league of his own.

I will add, Boo Weekley had the most amazing sound at impact I have ever heard. It's hard to describe except to say that it sounded percussive. I could have watched and listened to him hit balls all day.

I played a number of times with Boo down in Georgia. Just might be the nicest guy in the world. My wife roots for him because of that. Glad to see he's made it on tour. He's one of those ballstrikers that make you say, "if this guy can't make it, what chance do I have?"

Brian Manzella

Administrator
My personal best "ball strikers" (not swings per se)...seen in person.

What is "Ball Striking" to me?

Good contact, direction control, distance control, power.

1. Johnny Miller

2. Jack Nicklaus

3. Lee Trevino

4. Fred Couples

5. Tiger Woods

6. Byron Nelson (he was in his 60's)

7. Calvin Peete

8. David Toms

9. Sergio Garcia

10. Jodie Mudd

11. Miller Barber

12. Jim Furyk