Big shoulder turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my shoulder turn is about 90 to 95 degrees but I can turn much further.
Would I benefit more if I turn more like Rickie and Dustin?

images

inar03-dustin-johnson-consistency.jpg

Do you hit it better when you try turning your shoulders more?

it's less consistent, but I'm wondering if I can hit much further with a bigger shoulder turn. I'm still hitting my 7iron about 160-165, I want to get to around 175.

Whatever you do, be careful to learn what " big shoulder turn" is, and fits in your custom sequence.

There is a way to accelerate the steel you hold in your hands.

I think your distance is fine,shotlink data showed 160 yard carry for 7 iron that was 2009 so might be a little longer now.I think you posted some pictures of your swing a while back,looked really good to me! I would work more on zeroing swing than trying to gain a few yards with your scoring clubs.Smoke your driver then put it close!

Rather have the club be moving in the right places at the right times than worry about how much I'm cranking my body around. It's very easy to get all out of wack trying to get your body to look a certain way if there isn't a trickle down effect that positively affects impact and dynamic balance.

hp12c

New
When you ask, if you would benefit from more of a shoulder turn. Put it to the acid test, meaning. PLay half of your round with your regular shoulder turn and the other half with more shoulder turn. do this a few round and see if there is a difference in score. If no difference choose either if a difference choose the one which allow you to score better.

If you fade it, are out over it or too steep, great idea. if you're shallow or hook from the inside, watch out...

If you fade it, are out over it or too steep, great idea. if you're shallow or hook from the inside, watch out...

This is a great observation from DCgolf. He has a wonderful understanding of steep vs. shallow and the importance of neutralizing impact.

Personally, I've found that making an enormous hip turn can result in impacts that are too shallow. To compensate, I've started standing closer to the ball and doing more of an outside takeaway.

In general, if you're ever looking to make one major change to your golf swing (either steepening or shallowing), there's a good chance you'll need to add another steepening or shallowing move to balance it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.