Big Time Illusion with 2-D Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

I have been working with my 3-D training devices I am brining to the PGA show and I recorded some 2-D video from down the line to see if what I believed to be true. I was right I saw a Big Time Illusion on the down swing form down the line.

I can make a super slow motion down swing without the correct circular motion and match up the plane lines and it looks the same as if I was doing a full speed swing with correct circular motion in 2-D video. If I make a full speed swing without correct circular motion it is not possible to match up the correct plane lines.

This is why 2-D video with line drawing programs are bogus for analyzing the golf swing. When you see the two swings on 3-D at full speed it looks completely different and you can see the problem. This explains why the pro or better golf can match up the lines in 2-D video swing at full speed and the weekend golfer cannot.

The weekend golfer is trying to swing the club like the pros are teaching him with 2-D video and lines but cannot do it without the correct circular motion.

The weekend golfer will never get it with 2-D video and the line drawing programs instructors are teaching with.

He might stumble on correct circular motion some times which I call “The Luck Factor”. Every weekend golfer has “The Luck Factor” sometimes for one or maybe a few shots and then it is gone again.

This proves again that there are Illusions with 2-D video and line programs that are not helping the weekend golfer to make the correct circular motion in the golf swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.