Bo Van Pelt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Right arm higher than left, on both swings, toe of club pointing away from him, IOTW not toe up. Almost looks like he does a little twist away. Ive seen these moves somewhere. Oh yeah NSA and SD I think.

lia41985

I wouldn't call that tumble either. I'd call that a swing that relies on a limited arm swing and an even more limited pivot that's there just to support the arm swing. Stays on top of the sweetspot the whole way. Any more pivot and he'd be left of Pelosi and left with no tour card.

Would you teach someone to swing like this? If an amateur showed up swinging like this, would you change him or her? What do you think his 3D kinematic sequence graph would tell us?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Would you teach someone to swing like this? If an amateur showed up swinging like this, would you change him or her? What do you think his 3D kinematic sequence graph would tell us?

Only if he was struggling or complained of an issue that was attributable to the way he swung

lia41985

This a similar move to Kenny Perry?
Yeah, Kenny stays behind the sweetspt all the way too but with more arm swing and pivot, soguess what? He aims right and plays for the predictable left shot.
Would you mind explaining why it isn't? Thanks.
I know you didn't ask me but watch the shaft angle and face--they never really change all that much from a DTL perspective. The tumble involves pronounced shaft steepening and concurrent face closing. Bo knows he doesn't need to tumble.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
This guy has been a stud since college. Why he hasn't closed much I doubt would be because of his ball striking. Seems solid and has been a staple on leaderboards for awhile.

Yeah, Kenny stays behind the sweetspt all the way too but with more arm swing and pivot, soguess what? He aims right and plays for the predictable left shot.

I know you didn't ask me but watch the shaft angle and face--they never really change all that much from a DTL perspective. The tumble involves pronounced shaft steepening and concurrent face closing. Bo knows he doesn't need to tumble.

Thanks Lia, I get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.