Bob Mann's Automatic Golf videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can remember, it is a pivot controlled hands procedure with VERY VERY VERY active legs and a reverse C finish. All of those things are bad.

mg,

Just a thought. When I worked with Ben Doyle back in the late 80's he told me something that I believe to this day. When I asked him what starts the backswing he said that the left shoulder was the leader, not the hands.

Whether the shoulder(s) start the backswing or the right forearm, don't you think that saying the pivot controlled hands variation is "bad" paints you into a corner as a player and a teacher?

Just a thought from someone who has been down the road...

Redgoat

EdZ

New
A much more 'refined' version of what Mann was teaching (if I remember correctly, it has been a long time) can be found in the "Explosive Golf" DVD by Mike Jacobs.

Brady,
I agree with you. For me personally, however, I started playing by reading the books that told me to turn to start the backswing and take the triangle back. This put me very flat and under plane. I have to think about keeping a responsive pivot and directing my hands more 'out' to get the club to have less around and more up. I just think that since the pivot can only give you an 'around' and 'back' motion that it is better to have some direction from the hands to lift the club up to where you need it. Your point is well taken though and for the players who know where they need to be at the top, probably more consistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.