Bobby Clampett talks TGM on TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch that little snippet on TNT's coverage? It was right after Lefty used a metalwood to advance the ball out of a nasty lie. Clampett was on camera with another instructor (I don't recall the guy's name) and Bobby turns to him and rattled off a description of the shot using a bunch of TGM terminology (the only thing I remember was "two-barell."

I know a guy from work taped it. I'll see if I can get the tape do a capture so the experts here can grade BC's call! :)

matt

New
Please do! I'm very interested in this, as Clampett never says anything remotely TGM on the air. He avoids it like the plague. McCord is well-versed too and he also avoids speaking the lingo.

Do what you can to get it up here!

I think the guy is off tomorrow so I have to call him first thing and make sure he has it and that he doesn't record over it!!! I'm assuming the guy he was talking to is TGM literate based on the way BC made the statement. I "think" the guy's first name was Laird or something like that and was identified as a Teacher of the Year (PGA??)

quote:Originally posted by DDL

I remember that also Dave. I think it was Laird Small who he was talking to. Is he an AI?

Yep, that's the guy. He isn't listed on the TGM site--at least not in California where he teaches.

dude

New
quote:Originally posted by dclaryjr

Did anyone catch that little snippet on TNT's coverage? It was right after Lefty used a metalwood to advance the ball out of a nasty lie. Clampett was on camera with another instructor (I don't recall the guy's name) and Bobby turns to him and rattled off a description of the shot using a bunch of TGM terminology (the only thing I remember was "two-barell."

I know a guy from work taped it. I'll see if I can get the tape do a capture so the experts here can grade BC's call! :)

Bobby was on with Laird Small. This was when Mickleson hit it into the cabbage. He had this awkward shot with nowhere to go, ball above feet, no stance, blah blah blah, and he takes his 3-wood and chops it out. Bobby stated with a grin that he used, "two-barrell with straight line delivery."

My wife was watching at the time and she started laughing due to all she has heard regarding Homer and The Golfing Machine by myself, Chuck, Yoda, hanging out enjoying ourselves and also of Homer on audio etc. I would also tell you what she said also but.........:D;)

golfingrandy

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Laird Small is a former student of Ben Doyle and OBVIOUSLY a friend of sorts of Bobby Clampett (also of Brian Manzella).

Bobby was either thrying to BUST Laird for not ever giving TGM or Ben much credit for his 'success' or he was REVELING in the fact that another Ben and TGM TRAINED guy from the 'area' *Carmel/Monterey* had made it into the booth.

I have plenty more to say about this.......

Just a follow-up. My friend checked his video tape and he must have cut it off before the Clampett/Small TGM exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.