Bobby Jones-Stroke of Genius, The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due out this Friday, April 30th, the movie Bobby Jones-Stroke of Genius staring Jim Caviezel is to be released. Caviezel, a non golfer who recently started in Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" will be playing Bob Jones in the lead role. Caviezel has been schooled by Tom Ness, a big Golfing Machine proponent. Ness had a 1997 Golf Digest cover story dedicated to TGM (good read if you can get a copy). If Ness can fool members of this forum into believing that Caviezel's swing is Jones's swing it may be a miracle. But then again TGM works in mysterious ways.;)

correction: Tom Ness's article was December 1996 "Equipment 97" issue.
Three instructors? Jones only needed one. Hopefully, the movie won't be a disappointment. Instead of O.B. Keeler he might need O.B. Wan.

After the Masters CBS did a ran a rather detailed feature about the movie and Caviezel ability to mimic Jones swing, which I think isn’t that bad for the movie. Been worse swings in movies.

What caught my eye was Ness instructing Caviezel and gripping a water bottle in his hand as if it was a club while showing impact position. I could only smile because Ben Doyle does this more than anyone in the videos I have of him teaching. Can’t be all that bad, huh?

ppt3

New
It's that Ben guy again. Is there a Tom Ness/Ben Doyle connection? Stay tuned for further developments.

ppt3

New
Just a perhaps lame attempt on my part to be facetious pointing out the ubiquitous nature of Ben's influence. You were 100% correct in your observation 6bee1dee.

quote:Originally posted by ppt3

Just a perhaps lame attempt on my part to be facetious pointing out the ubiquitous nature of Ben's influence. You were 100% correct in your observation 6bee1dee.

LOL, I know lame, hahaha. Been there, done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.