Body/accuracy-arms/power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay occasionally I venture into other forums to see what others are talking about and came upon this. Essentially it was stated that if you are too open at impact you are losing power because the right elbow is so far behind the hip and it was generalized that the more open you were the more accurate you might be versus having more of an arms swing and having more power. Names were left out as I just want to learn about this theory and don't care to argue the point. Note: I don't think they were talking average pro open, it was furyk open.

I think that's a little to vague.

Grip type has a ton to do with where someone will be "open" wise at impact. Stronger = more open, weaker = not as much.

AK is wide open (hips vs shoulders) and BOMBS it. He has a lot of trigger delay.

Sure, Jim Furyk, is wide open, push condition, very little forearm rotation #3 and could probably hit it farther with another pattern, but we may have never heard of him. I've known him since we were 16 and his Pops (PGA) taugh him that a hook was the Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.