Boiling it all down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
There is FORCE at the hands and that interacts with the COM of the entire club.

There is FORCE from the ground that interacts with the COM of the body.

And that's it...

And that scares the shizzille out of the Lag Whore, resume on a postage stamp, after the fact "what's are we seeing in this frame" crowd.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
When you see a body movement on video....even very small body movements....the forces already showed up on the good systems that measure and compute them.

When you see a club movement that "looks like" the golfer did "x" to create that movement....you saw an illusion. There was a force from the hands that did it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have said many, many times, that my goal from day one has been to be the best teacher in the world and also to be acknowledged as the best.

This thread starter is so profound, yet so simple, and those who have this knowledge—and there are a precious few of us—are going to take over this business.

Without it, you always be guessing to the why and the how.....

I concur, the lessons I've learned and knowledge I've gained through the Golf Wise Guys group, particularly you Brian, are irrevocable. There is definitely better golf to be played and handicaps lowered via the truth seeking by your team. Since I found you guys I have been on the bandwagon and plan on never jumping off! In my book you are the best, and I thank you sincerely. Keep doing what you do!!!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here is some real biomechanics analysis thanks to Dr. Kwon.

Both pics in #1 and #2 are the same image, I just enhanced the arrow (acceleration vector) from the hands on the top image of #1 and #2......#3 is easy to see.

Golfer on the left is world class tour winner.

Golfer on the right is an improving mini-tour player.

As you can see, the golfer on the left exhibits a more "outside tangential" force out of club transition, goes Normal earlier, and Hyper-Normal (vector points back of normal) sooner and more.

You have no chance of learning these things (the red arrows are the club acceleration vector) using 2D cameras.

We also got the individual and combined GRFs that day, and as I was there teaching, I didn't have time to get all suited up (takes a couple of hours) and measured that day doing my new stock swing and a really goofy handle drag push pattern. Soon.

I had promised Dr. Kwon a lesson (he never has had one from Chris Como) and he got a full hour that was on of the best lessons ever given in my whole life. A couple of pros were in attendance and they can tell you it went awesome.

But they don't have to. Kwon—no better than a 12 handicapper—shot a one over par 73 less than 10 days later.

:)

10897044_10205305239460723_490913360039600711_n.jpg

Brian Manzella

Administrator
There is FORCE at the hands and that interacts with the COM of the entire club.

There is FORCE from the ground that interacts with the COM of the body.

And that's it...

And that scares the shizzille out of the Lag Whore, resume on a postage stamp, after the fact "what's are we seeing in this frame" crowd.

The 2 statements above are FROM the scientists.

I just put things together....there is ZERO INTERPRETATIONS in my statements above.

EVERYTHING WE DO, EVERYTHING WE TEACH is checked back and forth among the group and with every machine on the market and the university systems. Dynamic loft, functional swing plane, ENSO rotations and club data....we use them all.

We are getting really close to our goals of understanding the swing.....

More fun stuff to come really soon!

ZAP

New
Patience seems to be the key. I have been following Brian and friends work for a number of years. I too have been wondering about Kevin and Lindsey but I am sure they are around somewhere. Personally I am hoping by springtime they have some more good stuff for us to start the season with.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brian, some of us have not been over here, because this forum has all but shut down. And wiseguys did shut down. The news of Como a Manzella certified instuctor getting TW should have been earth shattering over here, but almost nothing... Just he'll do a fine job. Luv you dude, but come on. Also where the heck is Kevin Shields and Lindsey Newman? You telling me those guys aren't working on something cool? Let's hear about it.

Thanks for the questions....

My new site will be up in the next 2 weeks. Michael Jacobs new site has been up for a few weeks already.

Wiseguys was a good idea, but the amount of work that Michael has with all the pros and top ams that come to his new studio and me traveling so much I have two still semi-packed suitcases in my room, just didn't leave enough time to do a good enough job.

This website has been around now for a dozen years. When I cracked the top 200,000 websites in the world, I realized that the next hurdle—100,000—was going to take a huge amount of time that I didn't have.

I have focused on Facebook for three years and have talked in eight countries and 15 states to golf pros partly because of it.

The fun of arguing about the golf swing was pretty much over for me when I started working for and being associated with the 2 major Magazines. I had made my point already anyway. This poring goal of this site was to show I was just as good as the folks who were in the magazines and not only did I prove it, I became a top producer for them.

Chris' situation is great but on the very down-low. That's why you don't see him being interviewed. He did one, gave me, Adam Schreiber, Brady Riggs and Mike Adams some props and he is now off the grid. Obviously, all his pals in the group are very excited for him, and we are pulling for TW hard.

Kevin and I talk almost daily and he and Lindsey will be regulars again on the new site.

2015 will be a huge year with some big news that I can't report yet, and some that I can with 2 major articles coming out in each of the big mags with one being a cover story.

Everyone in the group is experiencing unprecedented success.

I'll be posting a lot more on the new site and all of the videos are being redone in '15 with Pattern 13 coming out soon. The delay there is that I don't want to scoop the cover story, which is a lot of what is in the video.

Thanks,

Brian

Well deserved

Congrats on everything, Brian. Proud of the hard work you and the team have put in over the years. Thanks for the update!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I would love nothing more than to see this site popping again. Being here for 10 years, I have learned a bunch and looking for big things going forward.

No one deserves success in his profession more than Brian. My game got so much better from the knowledge I received in lessons with him, his videos and this site that I can not say thanks enough.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Both Mike Jacobs and I, along with several other folks in the group like Mike Finney and Mike Granato will continue to produce content and sell the premium ones a la carte.

Ready to roll on the new bm.com soon!

If hubris is a criteria for becoming the best teacher and if only a precious few will take over then you definitely have a huge advantage over everyone else not so privileged.

If hubris is a criteria for becoming the best teacher and if only a precious few will take over then you definitely have a huge advantage over everyone else not so privileged.

Haha. I agree with BMan that he probably could do with a bit more. Enough is when you're just short of medical narcissism. A lot of golf instructors suffer from this probably incurable disease. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.