Brian at Augusta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Brian with Toms on the range? It's 12:45 CDT. Go to www.masters.org and click on "Live Video from the Driving Range". Dark pants, light blue shirt with striped sleeves, and dark hat.

It was such a brief window of opportunity, but at least a few got to see him. Toms usually gets plenty of camera time, so maybe we'll see more of Brian in the next few days.

I went to that site yesterday but never could get it to work. I kept getting a prompt to download an pay for a real time player or something.

dbl

New
I saw Toms at the range "on air" on Wed. For awhile he was talking to the left and his caddie was taking swings. Then Toms came back and started hitting. I didn't really notice anyone else there, as I assumed Toms was talking with a player to the left off camera.

That would be interesting if it was Brian.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hey guys....I did get to help David a bit, but that was not me behind the ropes...it was Rob Akins, his regular teacher.

Talk more soon, just got in after driving all night.

My initial impressions were that the guy didn't quite look proportionally correct based your photos on this site, but he had a hat on, so it lead to wishful thinking. It would be great to see you there behind the ropes at the mecca of golf.

I'm interested in how you helped Toms, how he's striking the ball, and what problems he's having.

Brian did get to talk to David about his swing on a couple occassions on Tuesday and Wednesday - I was present during one of the conversations....one lasted 3 minutes and the other lasted 10 minutes. However, to consider these encounters as lessons would be unfair to Brian.

I am sure of two things....David Toms is a supremely talented and hard working golfer - he will not stay in a funk very long......secondly, in my very biased opinion, David would be served very well if he were to give Brian a legitimate chance to inject some solid truth into his golf swing at this very moment....I am friends with both David and Brian, and I certainly hope things go well for both.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by mikestloc

Brian did get to talk to David about his swing on a couple occassions on Tuesday and Wednesday - I was present during one of the conversations....one lasted 3 minutes and the other lasted 10 minutes. However, to consider these encounters as lessons would be unfair to Brian.

I am sure of two things....David Toms is a supremely talented and hard working golfer - he will not stay in a funk very long......secondly, in my very biased opinion, David would be served very well if he were to give Brian a legitimate chance to inject some solid truth into his golf swing at this very moment....I am friends with both David and Brian, and I certainly hope things go well for both.
Mike: I have a recollection that you said that you used to play against Chris DiMarco and Toms . Is DiMarco a friend of yours also ? He looks very steady and could be Masters champion today.

hue

New
Brian: Which players have impressed you at the Masters? What do you make of Paul Casey and his swing? Thanks.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I think Casey is strong as they come....I didn't look enough to give you a thought.

Mikestloc's dad, a sportswriter of 50+ years and still covering events like the Masters this week, asked me Wednesday Night at 6:00pm Augusta Time at Pizza Hut ;), who I thought would win.

The HURRICANE picked Philly Mick ;)

The CBS guys said that Casey has at least as much clubhead speed as anyone on Tour. On the short par 3(#12?), he hit a wedge 150 into a headwind. Most others were hitting an 8 iron. He seems to have a "high" right shoulder on the DS.

I picked Mickelson last week to win the Masters at 20 to 1 odds at tradesports.com
does anybody know of any other good betting sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.