Brian, get the answer you were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was viewing one of my old PGA Coaching and Teaching Summit Vidoes from a couples of years ago in New Orleans. On the video, Jim McLean was working with Brad Faxon and Kristie Kerr. I do a clinic with Faxon every year in conjuction with the Rhode Island PGA. On the video, Faxon was giving credit to A.I. Ron Gring for helping him with his swing. Gring told Faxon that to get more out, he needed to move his right shoulder more out than down (down the turned shoulder plane). Anyway, during the Q&A session, who pops out of the crowd but our own Brian Manzella, recomending Faxon address the ball more mid body. Do you think he got the measage?

Nice new sight by the way. I originaly thought I had a computer problem when I first logged in.:D

quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

I was viewing one of my old PGA Coaching and Teaching Summit Vidoes from a couples of years ago in New Orleans. On the video, Jim McLean was working with Brad Faxon and Kristie Kerr. I do a clinic with Faxon every year in conjuction with the Rhode Island PGA. On the video, Faxon was giving credit to A.I. Ron Gring for helping him with his swing. Gring told Faxon that to get more out, he needed to move his right shoulder more out than down (down the turned shoulder plane). Anyway, during the Q&A session, who pops out of the crowd but our own Brian Manzella, recomending Faxon address the ball more mid body. Do you think he got the measage?

Nice new sight by the way. I originaly thought I had a computer problem when I first logged in.:D

Faxon has since left Gring. He dropped his right shoulder way way down and moving it more out was a good call from Ron. Ron wrote about getting Brad to turn his shoulders flatter on the take away.

Kerr? How was she? You cannot find a LPGA golfer that doesn't go the extra mile for the fans, volunteers, reporters, etc. I watched Annika stand still waiting what seemed to be eternity, for a fan to operate her camera to take a picture, smiling the whole time or Nancy Lopez sign everyone's hat and autograph book for over a hour to travel less then a hundred yards to the clubhouse. Not Christie. Kerr walks by folks like they are invisible unless they have the Golf Channel stamped on them. The ladies tour- dollar for dollar is the best to go see. And the use the same clubs as we do.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hope everyone like the new look...

Anyhow, I am one of VERY FEW that have attended EVERY PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit.

You can't ask questions anymore directly (They are all scared of Ben!), But when I could, I either asked the question for effect or to make people think. But, in this case, I was trying to help.

;)

quote:Originally posted by diggerdog

I much prefer the one where you looked like the lead singer of The Knack.

Now he looks like one of the band members from the group "Poison". What's up with that picture Brian? It looks like you have make up on! :D

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here a look at golf's "Murderer's Row." The undefeated three man team of:
Brian Manzella, Tom Bartlett and MikeSTLOC at my wedding November 8, 2003, awaiting my beautiful wife.
threeamigos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.