Brian....I finally got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
Brian,

Thanks to your back porch video and a number of discussion about it here.....it finally all came together for me first in theory then in practical application yesterday in a round. The missing piece for me was part 1 of the downswing....once I got that piece into my mellon it was poetry in motion.

Yesterday's round was filled with some of my longest & straightest drives and irons ever, maybe had a hint of a 2 yard draw or so. The contact however was so pure that I was long with approach shots all day. I didn't score very well but that is unimportant at this time. My misses were blocks to the right when it happened and I knew exactly what caused it and mid round corrected on the next shot. Mid round corrections were difficult for me in the past. Nice having a 3 step formula in mind so you can easily correct when issues arise during a round and they always arise.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you provide your loyal crew for absolutely no $$$$$$. I have always supported your hard copy video's as well.

Thanks again,

Jimmy T :D

internet-high-five.jpg

jimmyt,

Great news on finally getting "it". Just curious, when you did block a shot to the right what was your mid round correction?

I hope you keep it.

I have trouble keeping the feel between clubs. Similar to you, that 1st part of the down swing is huge for me, unfortunately also the hardest to trust.

jimmyt

New
jimmyt,

Great news on finally getting "it". Just curious, when you did block a shot to the right what was your mid round correction?

It was in Phase 2 that Brian refers to in his porch video........remember when brian had the split grip......2nd part of that swing is pulling your left hand towards you which places the club face on the target line....

Hope that helps....I'm not an instructor just know what works for me.

jimmyt

New
I hope you keep it.

I have trouble keeping the feel between clubs. Similar to you, that 1st part of the down swing is huge for me, unfortunately also the hardest to trust.

Couldn't agree with you more. The first part of the swing for me feels like tugging, which I'm trying to of course get away from. When I realized it's not really tugging it all came together.

Didn't realize until that video I was steepening and trying to save it at the ens as Brian demonstrated in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.