Brian or Instructors....navel/hands relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to make better use of my lower body, I think I get a little (or a lot) too fast with my hips.

In keeping the hands behind the navel during the swing, can you give me some thoughts on about how far they should lag behind the navel? What is ideal, what is bad?

I am getting to where I can get my navel facing the target before my hands move down. Not sure if this is good or too fast. Also, I've injured my right side and I think it's because of spinning the hips too fast.

Thanks!

Bill,
I have it on good authority :))) that the navel is the center of balance and that it should always be 4-6 inches in front of of the hands on the downswing..
Think you'll find if you get in front of it you have come over the top.....

Bill,
I have it on good authority :))) that the navel is the center of balance and that it should always be 4-6 inches in front of of the hands on the downswing..
Think you'll find if you get in front of it you have come over the top.....

Thanks for answering but, I really requested Brian or staff to answer. I don't have an issue with the hands getting in front of the naval. Mine, I think, are lagging too far behind. I am staring to realize the importance of educated hands and....that I don't have them.

No offense Bill, but you might be waiting a long time. We all know Brian is busy and I'm not even sure if there really is a "staff". If there is they don't come by much...

(this post is not supposed to piss anyone off, especially Brian, just stating the facts. Mother nature sucks!)

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Gosh, "Honorary Staff" gets no love around here...i mean some of you used to come and pay me geez! ;)

ANYWAY

Brian once told me in his many years of teaching, he maybe don't ONE PERSON to slow their hips down. ;)

I would totally consider...

Jim as staff!

So, keep the hips turning....but....what is the relationship between the hands and hips? Should the hands lag as far back as possible? Should they follow right behind the navel...as in right behind?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Jim as staff!

So, keep the hips turning....but....what is the relationship between the hands and hips? Should the hands lag as far back as possible? Should they follow right behind the navel...as in right behind?

LOL I'm only not staff because I'm returning to amatuer status, how some people forget. The pivot and the path of the hands will vary based on your release type.

LOL I'm only not staff because I'm returning to amatuer status, how some people forget. The pivot and the path of the hands will vary based on your release type.

Um, I didn't forget you were staff. I said I certainly considered you as staff. Did you misread my message? Tell me more about the sweeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.