Brian You Have a Shorter Pivot- You Ever Lift The Left Heel For More Juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.
For more Juice??

(Brian had shoulder surgery)

I have a shorter pivot, at least when I am trying to hit a golf ball. I am gonna try it this year. I hope I can get a speed increase.

Should I lift the left heel, or let it get pulled up?

It seems if I do the former, it comes up easier (of course- as I am actively helping it) but I wonder if it changes my pivot alignments. It seems to make me slider my hip more right. I worry if it inhibits turn.

Bonus question:

Will this come back to pro golf? Should this come back?

For more Juice??

(Brian had shoulder surgery)

I have a shorter pivot, at least when I am trying to hit a golf ball. I am gonna try it this year. I hope I can get a speed increase.

Should I lift the left heel, or let it get pulled up?

It seems if I do the former, it comes up easier (of course- as I am actively helping it) but I wonder if it changes my pivot alignments. It seems to make me slider my hip more right. I worry if it inhibits turn.

Bonus question:

Will this come back to pro golf? Should this come back?

Some pros still the left heel I don't think it will ever go out of pro golf entirely.

I think it safe to say that the best approach is that you should never lift the forward heel, but rather allow it to be pulled up by the backswing. The heel lift is not much.

Dariusz J.

I haven't met any single good reason for keeping the lead heel on the ground all the time over the dead bodies during my researches in biokinetics. It is against anatomy in the majority of cases unless one wants to fulfill a special goal during the motion.

I think it safe to say that the best approach is that you should never lift the forward heel, but rather allow it to be pulled up by the backswing. The heel lift is not much.

Well said. Focusing on lifting the heel is same silly thing as focusing on keeping it on the ground. It must be just a natural event in a correct cascade of events, IMO.

Cheers

lia41985

I haven't met any single good reason for keeping the lead heel on the ground all the time over the dead bodies during my researches in biokinetics. It is against anatomy in the majority of cases unless one wants to fulfill a special goal during the motion.

Well said. Focusing on lifting the heel is same silly thing as focusing on keeping it on the ground. It must be just a natural event in a correct cascade of events, IMO.

Cheers
Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.