Brian's Videos and low point control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, so I regularly golf with my girlfriends father. He's middle aged, and a chronic slicer, topper, and fatter. He has never broken 100 for 18 holes. I was planning on buying him NSA for his birthday next month, as it doesn't seem like he has very good clubface control. My question is, do any of the videos specifically address low point control? I feel like he could even play the slice if he wasn't constantly topping and fatting the ball.

I feel bad for the guy, he loves the game so much, and it's painful to see him struggle so terribly. To make matters worse, his son-in-law has recently taken up the game, and he is passing along the same stuff he's been told all his life. "You're picking your head up, keep your eye on the ball." etc.

Don't get involved! ;)

Well I sure as hell don't plan on trying to teach him anything. That's why I wanted to get him a video, I may be a better player then him, but that doesn't qualify me to help him. I just wanted to give him some info that's better than the usual stuff he reads in magazines and such.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I run into this type of stuff all the time with my own family. I will show them something out of NSA, they will do it and have improvement immediately. The problem is...they think they have solved golf and don't practice, get out on the course and stink it up. They then go back to their golf digest crack and a vicious cycle of golf ineptitude ensues.

It really is sad, do what you can, but that glossy covered crack pipe is hard to overcome with these guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.