British Open Spoiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Apparently Rory McIlroy believes he is playing Tiger Woods Golf...

Opening round 63 shooting a 30 on the back nine (all birdies).

if curious Tiger shot -5 and is T8 and Phil is +2 through 15 at the time of this post.

Apparently Rory McIlroy believes he is playing Tiger Woods Golf...

Opening round 63 shooting a 30 on the back nine (all birdies).

if curious Tiger shot -5 and is T8 and Phil is +2 through 15 at the time of this post.

Incredible viewing this morning. I got up at 4:45 am to watch golf. This is my favorite televised golf of the year.

Tiger is still missing some short putts he rarely missed when contending, but his driving looks good. I'd love to see Woods and McIlroy in the final group Sunday.

Daly could have gone much lower (I don't see him having the nerves for putting anymore sufficient to last). And Rory should have shot a 62.

And the Road Hole is now 495 yards...?!!

Incredible viewing this morning. I got up at 4:45 am to watch golf. This is my favorite televised golf of the year.

Tiger is still missing some short putts he rarely missed when contending, but his driving looks good. I'd love to see Woods and McIlroy in the final group Sunday.

Daly could have gone much lower (I don't see him having the nerves for putting anymore sufficient to last). And Rory should have shot a 62.

And the Road Hole is now 495 yards...?!!

i saw that tiger switched putters...hadn't he used that cameron for like 15 years?

Phil wants to have the Open at St Andrews every year. He acts as if it's because of the history and tradition. I tend think his real reason is that it's the best course in the Open rotation for him. Long hitters with accuracy issues have won there. Plus, he can hit driver 15 times a round. The fact that he owns real estate there could also be a factor.

lia41985

It don't get much better:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Sg-enFn6L0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Sg-enFn6L0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
The guy really knows how to work his D plane--that's about the straightest shot I've ever seen!

Paul Azinger just said the Henrik Stenson has a good pedigree. It seems strange that he knows about Stenson's breeding, but admitted yesterday that he never heard of Louis Oosthuizen. I think it's more likely he doesn't know the meaning of the word pedigree. Never having heard of Oosthuisen is pretty sad in itself. I can expect that from Chris Berman. (Thank god he's not there this week), but for a 30 year veteran, announcer and Ryder Cup captain to have never heard of someone in the top 100 in the world, shows a lack of preparation for a job that I'm sure he's being paid very well for. all that being said, he's 10x better than Curtis Strange.

How about Strange calling Guiness "motor oil", especially at the Open??? I gotta say these guys dont exactly know how to work a crowd in the announcing arena. Between Zing, Strange, and Johnny, I'd rather have non-"experts" calling the play. BTW, loved having Peter Alliss make a stop in.

The one thing I always think about but never mention to anybody, if the so called "experts" know this little about golf (a sport I am very involved with), I wonder how much the other sports announcers actually know about thier sports (where I am not in the "know" to begin with.)

Finally, its a shame that I'm pulling against Paul Casey, just because I dont like Kostis' analyses.

Status
Not open for further replies.