Bunker Play, and Brian's Over & Out Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

I wanted to give you some kudos on your "Over and Out" bunker play video. As of late I have REALLY been struggling in the bunkers and was at my wits end regarding what to do to fix it. I'm a scratch golfer who literally looked like a 30 handicapper when I got in a bunker (no offense to 30 handicappers intended). Part of the problem is I don't practice enough out of them, but because I'm not in many it seemed like my pt could be better spent elsewhere. I've gone thru stretches where I was "ok" but never as good as I should be.

Things started to come to a head about a month ago when I was leading a city championship event after a 69 on day 1, only to start day 2 by hitting an appoach on a "gimme" par-5 into a greenside bunker and making an 8 (first bunker shot stays in, the 2nd attempt goes 40 yards over the green, etc, etc). Another similar experience later in the round and I don't break 80. I had more of the same again this past weekend and my confidence was so shot that I started trying to "avoid" bunkers...... which only resulted in getting in more of them (funny how THAT program seems to work).

I was considering a lesson but I have a very "short list" of local instructors I trust, so I decided to pay a whopping $7.95 and ordered O&O. Good straight-forward info with a slightly different slant on how to approach these shots. I had gotten very sloppy with understanding where my "sand entry point" was and performing the "Great Wall" drill helped narrow my focus. Utilizing more of a "one accumulator" cut shot approach that you demonstrated simplified it further for me ..... and the idea of adding some "roll" for the longer shots really makes sense.

I got a chance to practice it the last 2 days and already I can see a big difference. Based on my last weekend's play my confidence level should be low, but on the contrary, I won't be steering away from the bunkers this weekend.

Thanks for a well-done video,

Robbo

Status
Not open for further replies.