Byron Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
"I saw Nelson do a clinic for his long-time sponsor, Wilson, in 1977 at New Orleans Country Club. In all my years of golf, nobody came close to hitting it as straight as him.
He hit a few shots off line, but the ball never curved. It just went a yard or two to the left or right.

The fairway he was hitting drivers down was very narrow—maybe 30 yards wide—but after a few tee shots, it was obvious he could hit balls all day and never come close to hitting the ball off line."

I thought a new thread would be more appropriate for this, so ...

Brian, what are the main attributes that went into Byron's ability to drive the ball like this?

Im interested in this thread because I need to hit alot more fairways! Not giving myseld enough birdie chances because im not hitting enough greens because im not hitting enough fairways HAHA!

hue

New
homersson said:
"I saw Nelson do a clinic for his long-time sponsor, Wilson, in 1977 at New Orleans Country Club. In all my years of golf, nobody came close to hitting it as straight as him.
He hit a few shots off line, but the ball never curved. It just went a yard or two to the left or right.

The fairway he was hitting drivers down was very narrow—maybe 30 yards wide—but after a few tee shots, it was obvious he could hit balls all day and never come close to hitting the ball off line."

I thought a new thread would be more appropriate for this, so ...

Brian, what are the main attributes that went into Byron's ability to drive the ball like this?
This is a very good question. I would like to know the answer also.

Status
Not open for further replies.