CA to NO for Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone made the trip to Brian from the left coast (California)? I sometimes get pissed off knowing there is so much good information out there and it's so far from CA :mad:

I guess I need to make a trip or plan a trip out to NO, but just never imagined traveling that far for a lesson. Just curious to anyones experience of traveling a good ways to go see da manz!!!

Thanks,

Guess, I don't understand the question.

You evaluate cost versus benefit, make your appointment, buy your ticket and go.

I will share my experience. I've taken one lesson with Brian. I was able to work it out so that I would be within about 70 miles from Louisville. It was late fall. Weather didn't cooperate. We had to juggle the schedule by a day or two. We met at the range at 8:00 AM with a little mist falling. It worked out fine. Lesson was well worth it.

Weather can get in the way. If I were traveling to New Orleans, I would surely plan for a couple of days and a swing through Bourbon Street in the evening.

A business trip came up a few weeks ago. My customer is in New York about 70 miles up the Hudson from the city. So I checked with Michael Jacobs and arranged the trip to stay over a weekend. It might be easier to fly to New Orleans, than to navigate through the city and out to Long Island. The GPS got me there, but probably little chance without it. I think it was 125 miles one-way. Great lesson and worth the price.

Last edited:
Has anyone made the trip to Brian from the left coast (California)? I sometimes get pissed off knowing there is so much good information out there and it's so far from CA :mad:

I guess I need to make a trip or plan a trip out to NO, but just never imagined traveling that far for a lesson. Just curious to anyones experience of traveling a good ways to go see da manz!!!

Thanks,

I've traveled from Chicago once to Louisville, once to DC and in the past 7 months, twice to PIT to see Brian and/or Kevin Sheilds. I am better everytime and never think twice about it again now that I know the VALUE that I get everytime I see one of those guys. So while I know that NO is farther that some of the places I've traveled too, I know you'll realize that the VALUE you get is worth 10x+ more than what you pay.

I have my trip planned for the middle of June, Sacto to NO. Myself and my brother-in- law have 2 days scheduled with Brian, and 3 days to visit No. Because of the cost of flights and the particular hotel we chose to stay at, it's not a budget trip. It will be a small vacation, and I think NO is worth it. Search for "vacation packages", check your finances, work out a schedule with Brian and go for it.

geeoo

I have my trip planned for the middle of June, Sacto to NO. Myself and my brother-in- law have 2 days scheduled with Brian, and 3 days to visit No. Because of the cost of flights and the particular hotel we chose to stay at, it's not a budget trip. It will be a small vacation, and I think NO is worth it. Search for "vacation packages", check your finances, work out a schedule with Brian and go for it.

geeoo

That is what my trip would be, sacto to NO (assuming we both use sacto for sacramento?). Yea, I think a trip to NO if done right is worth a trip alone but with BM on top of it, you got a real winner. I think a trip to BM anywhere is prob worth it to use golf nuts!

Thanks,

I saw him in LA a few years ago. Drove down. Was worth it. Waiting for him to come out here again.

He'll be in Phoenix soon.

dbl

New
Hey Liftoff, I remember the Socal outing. :)

As far as recent stuff, I considered seeing Brian when he was in LV recently.

Another candidate for west coasters might be Martin Chuck, except getting in and out of Oregon is probably a pain too...

Status
Not open for further replies.