Clarification of Moving Impact Fix to Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard people say that you can take your impact fix alignment, then move them back to the address position. If you take this flat left wrist position to address, does it appear as though the hands are ahead of the clubhead and the shaft is angled more forward, like a forward press or, are the hands returned to mid-body with the left wrist flat ,but the clubface is further behind the ball instead of right behind the ball?
Also, on this same subject. Can you take hands to impact fix then just move the handle back to mid-body? If so, does that give the appearance of a more cupped left wrist at address? Is that O.K.? And does moving the hands back directly from this position give the appearance of a more closed clubface at address or a more lofted clubface at address? Thanks to the braintrust at Manzella Golf Forum!

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by corky05

I've heard people say that you can take your impact fix alignment, then move them back to the address position. If you take this flat left wrist position to address, does it appear as though the hands are ahead of the clubhead and the shaft is angled more forward, like a forward press or, are the hands returned to mid-body with the left wrist flat ,but the clubface is further behind the ball instead of right behind the ball?
Also, on this same subject. Can you take hands to impact fix then just move the handle back to mid-body? If so, does that give the appearance of a more cupped left wrist at address? Is that O.K.? And does moving the hands back directly from this position give the appearance of a more closed clubface at address or a more lofted clubface at address? Thanks to the braintrust at Manzella Golf Forum!

Yes, if you move from Impact Fax to the Classic Address position (mid-body hands), the wrist conditions will be the reverse of Impact Fix and the Clubface will appear closed.

This is intresting? My father would force me into this position (face closed at classic address) when I was a young boy and I would fight him like crazy. He was a great teacher, sought out by many. But, I think the Father/Son communication(Lack of) got in the way. Thanks!

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by rwh

quote:Originally posted by corky05

Yes, if you move from Impact Fax to the Classic Address position (mid-body hands), the wrist conditions will be the reverse of Impact Fix and the Clubface will appear closed.

At a 'classic' address my hands feel very 'low' and my grip feels very 'strong' - even though it is not 'strong' at fix/impact.

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by EdZ
At a 'classic' address my hands feel very 'low' and my grip feels very 'strong' - even though it is not 'strong' at fix/impact.

In the Classic Address Postion -- Left Wrist Bent, Right Wrist Flat -- the Hands do not Feel 'low.' They Feel Level.

Not Cocked (Low per 4-B-2).

Not Uncocked (High per 4-B-3).

But Level (4-B-1).

And remember, Level is not 'anatomically neutral,' i.e., the Karate Chop Position. Level is almost -- but not quite -- Fully Uncocked. And the Primary Lever Assembly (the Left Arm and Club) is thus near -- but not at -- Full Extension (2-P).

Status
Not open for further replies.