Club head takeaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep

New
If I set up to hit a shot and got my eyes on the clubhead and take the club away with my clubhead in my mind and swing left, will my body follow the right path? Now all I`m thinking about is my club face.

If I set up to hit a shot and got my eyes on the clubhead and take the club away with my clubhead in my mind and swing left, will my body follow the right path? Now all I`m thinking about is my club face.

While a lot of things in the golf swing happen in response to your intention, I think you will have to train your body to lead the club along the right path, or at least get out of the way in the right direction.

joep

New
Thanks jpeck, So your saying by me swinging the club head my body wont react to that swing as much as me starting the swing with my body.

Thanks jpeck, So your saying by me swinging the club head my body wont react to that swing as much as me starting the swing with my body.

Yes, you'll have to train your pivot (body action) to lead the swing, even though you want to focus on the clubface.

Status
Not open for further replies.