clubface should ALWAYS point between target and true club path at impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone think of an instance when this would not be true?

I have two scenarios. One is when you are trying to hit a shot that looks like Bubba Watson's at the Masters and two would be when you are trying to play a particular shot in the wind. For example to hit a straight shot at a target with the wind crossing left to right, your clubface needs to be closed to the target and path (someone who swings slightly in to out normally and normally has their face slightly open to the target and slightly closed to the path for a draw) for it to stay straight or draw to the flag. On Trackman the numbers look like a hook (even with a center strike) but the ball is straight. Our range has a lot of varying wind so it makes it quite interesting to see how players have to adjust accordingly. It also shows me how harmful it could be to practice your regular swing in wind like that and assume you are grooving the right motion for a non wind condition.

Hope that makes sense. To me that knowledge helps now, knowing what type of adjustment is necessary for the shot you want to hit during different wind conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.