Clubfitting question: Lie angles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should lie angles change as a person grows? My gut says yes but I'm not an expert. The reason I'm asking is that I just noticed my son's toe was way off the ground when he addressed the ball today. For him to address the ball correctly his hands would be WAY too high. The thing that really bugs me is that these are US Kids clubs which all they do is praise themselves for an exact fit for your growing kids. He is basically 51" and he has the set exactly for a 51" kid.

So I dug a little and found that whether or not you are 51" tall or 63" tall the lie angle is exactly the same. Shouldn't this change?

Someone help me out as I'm realling pissed off right now. I have thousands in US Kids clubs and these I don't think can be bent. Thanks

Curtis

Someone help me out as I'm realling pissed off right now. I have thousands in US Kids clubs and these I don't think can be bent. Thanks

Curtis

Interesting. Why on Earth doesn't US Kids make clubs that can be bent? And why isn't there a direct competitor to US Kids that does?

Height doesn't determine lie angle. Would be nice if it did, but it seems like the US Kid's guys are doing some marketing shenanigans if they are using height alone to sell specific models.

Interesting. Why on Earth doesn't US Kids make clubs that can be bent? And why isn't there a direct competitor to US Kids that does?

They sell two different versions, an ultralight and a tour series. The UL's are made of like a zinc material which I doubt can be bent. The TS is a higher quality metal that I believe could be bent.

I'm gonna go on a anti-US Kids rant to everyone I ever see again my entire life. What a F'n ripoff. It's no secret as to why they do it. They just make a chit load of 8 iron heads and just slap on different length shafts. It's all about money, BS to the 10th power.

Of course lie angles change. Google search "Ping Color Chart"

Thanks I was almost positive. I just couldn't believe they wouldn't change them for the different sets. BS from a company that throws quotes like this around, "Young golfers should be fit for the proper sized equipment every six months for optimum swing development."

Rant continues:

From Callaway "lie is fitted after shaft length has been selected because length affects dynamic lie angle – every 1/2" of length added makes the iron play 1 degree more upright; the reverse is true for reduced length."

Yet US Kids Golf has a 39" kid hit a 7 iron with a 60 degree lie angle compared to an average adult's 61 degree angle. Good grief

Status
Not open for further replies.