clubhead control

Status
Not open for further replies.
howdy folks

after trying a few things that brian and pecky suggested a few weeks ago, i have come to a few conclusions:
1. i have above average clubface control.
2. i have above average clubshaft control.
3. i have average (at best) clubhead control.

when i posted about my flipping problems, i noticed that when i could get low point more in front, i could hit some nice compressed shots.
since pecky suggested i may be underplane, i went to a more nha up, down, and left of the wall feel and hit some nice shots, mostly straight to small fades.

the fact that i can switch this stuff with almost immediate success led me to my first two conclusions.
its the third "imperative" that i have the problems with. i do not control trajectory as well as i should. my pet peeve are these ballooning type shots i hit often.

i am thinking about moving to a stronger, more "soft draw" grip (more to the plane than my current neutralish grip) with my thumb more behind the shaft so i can only uncock and not flip my wrist.

any other suggestions?

howdy folks

after trying a few things that brian and pecky suggested a few weeks ago, i have come to a few conclusions:
1. i have above average clubface control.
2. i have above average clubshaft control.
3. i have average (at best) clubhead control.

when i posted about my flipping problems, i noticed that when i could get low point more in front, i could hit some nice compressed shots.
since pecky suggested i may be underplane, i went to a more nha up, down, and left of the wall feel and hit some nice shots, mostly straight to small fades.

the fact that i can switch this stuff with almost immediate success led me to my first two conclusions.
its the third "imperative" that i have the problems with. i do not control trajectory as well as i should. my pet peeve are these ballooning type shots i hit often.

i am thinking about moving to a stronger, more "soft draw" grip (more to the plane than my current neutralish grip) with my thumb more behind the shaft so i can only uncock and not flip my wrist.

any other suggestions?

I used to flip my hands, but now my arms just rotate with my pivot. My left wrist almost do not bend until above my waist during follow through. IT's an amazing feeling when i hit the ball. So...feel like you are rotating your arms...but not your wrist, i know it sounds kinda abstract, hopefully it will help you.

I used to flip my hands, but now my arms just rotate with my pivot. My left wrist almost do not bend until above my waist during follow through. IT's an amazing feeling when i hit the ball. So...feel like you are rotating your arms...but not your wrist, i know it sounds kinda abstract, hopefully it will help you.

yeah i have experimented with that feeling...a pure closing, no layback type feel, but i spray it everywhere when i do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.