College Tuition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this probably isn't the place for this, but hopefully Brian will let it stay.

I am a freshman at Eastern Kentucky Universtiy in Richmond, Kentucky. If any of you know of anyone who is offering grant or scholarship money to college students, could you please let me know or pass my message along? I can be reached at mgjordan@hotmail.com . Thanks.

MG-- There are tons of organizations and civic groups out there that have scholarships for young undergrads. Examples would be the Rotary Club, the Optimist Club, the Shriners, etc. You could collect a list of such service organizations and civic groups from your local chamber of commerce and then write letters of introduction to each groups local chapter secretary asking what scholarships are available at the local, state, and national levels. My wife has received over $20,000 in scholarships over the past five years from organizations such as the National Garden Club (and some of their state chapters), the Smithsonian Institute (scholarship and internship in Wash. D.C.), etc. You don't necessarily have to be a rocket scientist. Enthusiasm and boundless energy go a long way in this life. :)

Hope this offers a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.