Completely off any golfing topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely off topic, I know, but you have to put your hands together for those guys who got that rover to Mars. A fifty four million kilometer putt, double breaker, straight in the middle of the hole!
Makes you proud to be a human being...

Hopefully they will stumble upon some new technology that will give us 10 more yards off the tee that will allow the club manufacturers to charge us $2000 for a driver.

hp12c

New
Nice one Olie, to boldy go where no man has gone before, space the final or last frontier!:cool:

ZAP

New
It is absolutely incredible what they are able to do. BUT. We still have plenty of other things we could be spending these dollars on. BUT. Pushing the envelope is the only way to figure it out. What happens when this planet gets too hot to inhabit? If it is indeed warming for any reason.

BTW is there a ball size requirement to even become an astronaut? ( and yes I know this mission was unmanned)

You are so right. They are doing this with our ( taxpayers) money. This should be done with private money.

Private money won't get in on something like this and the advancements, learning and technology that is invented or discovered benefits everyone. The benefits in my opinion outweigh the costs in the long run.

It is absolutely incredible what they are able to do. BUT. We still have plenty of other things we could be spending these dollars on. BUT. Pushing the envelope is the only way to figure it out. What happens when this planet gets too hot to inhabit? If it is indeed warming for any reason.

BTW is there a ball size requirement to even become an astronaut? ( and yes I know this mission was unmanned)

Lets ask this guy: Wesley Warren Jr., Man With 100-Pound Scrotum, Turns Down Free Surgery Offer

Private money won't get in on something like this and the advancements, learning and technology that is invented or discovered benefits everyone. The benefits in my opinion outweigh the costs in the long run.

And, as economic stimuli go, it's surely less objectionable than going to war...

Status
Not open for further replies.