"Confessions of a Former Flipper" review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered and watched the "Confessions of a Former Flipper" video and I have to agree with other reviews...this is an EXCELLENT video. Swingplane is very important in the golf swing, but too many teachers jump right to it regardless of the student's ability or faults. Brian takes the most important part of the golf swing, impact, breaks it down, and demonstrates it's importance and learnability. Impact is something EVERY golfer needs to learn and it is the first thing new/poor players need to learn. They need to learn it conceptually and they need to learn it physically. This video teaches and demonstrates both. From my personal playing experience and my experience helping other golfers, the biggest problem in golf is the "feel vs. real" misconceptions. Brian does a great job addressing how much you have to exaggerate reality to get done what needs to get done. The best part of the video, in my opinion, is how he stresses visual impact hand location and how different it is from the forward view and from the "through the eyes of the player" view. The forward view presents a vertical clubshaft, while the player sees hands left of the front foot. It is also great how he stresses learning short shots first. I recommend this video to anyone who wants to strike the ball better.

Status
Not open for further replies.