Congrats to Rocco!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
Congrats to 47 year old Rocco Mediate for his 6th PGA tour win. Also for getting it at a time he really needed to step up! Showed alot of heart!!!!!!!

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Hands down the most exciting tournament of the year!!

How about the near holeout for double eagle for Prugh on 17, then Rocco's holeout, then him having to make the 5 footer after all that!

Big congrats to whoever set the course up!

I was glad to see him win. The last PGA tourney I went to a few years ago, Rocco was the only one to stop and sign my kid's program while hanging around the practice putting green. He seems like a down to earth class act.

Interested in Brian's or one of the instructors take on Rocco's swing. Clearly, he gets off the left foot in the backswing. Seems like a swing the anti-summit conclusions would support.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
14 - tough, long hole
15 - reachable par 5, eagle opportunity
16 - mid iron par 3, well struck shot gives good chance of birdie, bad one provides tough 3
17 - very driveable, 295 yard par 4
18 - tough drive, but then good birdie opportunity

Seems like there were lots of birdie opportunities, but also plenty of bogie opportunities, which meant that there were lots of fluctuations on the leaderboard, and anyone of 5 golfers could have won in the end.

I had to laugh at the comment about Ballard. So the anti-summit proves Jimmy Ballard was right, rockem and blockem....

Jimmy keeps saying he hasn't written another book because the first one was right:)

I do not think Ballard was proven right on most of his theories. However, the Zick finding of weight moving off the left foot sounds similar to the pumping off the left foot theory of Ballard. Mediate has had this swing his entire career, I doubt Ballard did much at all to it. Rick Smith taught Mediate first and his swing looks identical. I cannot see a resurgence of theory based on this win, it is an interesting pattern that came up with good results this week.

Kudos to Rocco

Mediate is 167 in driving distance you need a lot of skill to win when you are hitting 1-3 clubs more than the rest of the field.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqViO_fO_to&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naHH-YNeE7s&feature=related[/media]

Handpath...

Still hitting a draw BTW...

Strong grip, closed stance...

Pretty good iron play this week.

i just love to see him win, someone who smiles and laughs.

to see him lose to tiger that time, with such genuine grace and positive energy, is just refreshing.

I do not think Ballard was proven right on most of his theories. However, the Zick finding of weight moving off the left foot sounds similar to the pumping off the left foot theory of Ballard. Mediate has had this swing his entire career, I doubt Ballard did much at all to it. Rick Smith taught Mediate first and his swing looks identical. I cannot see a resurgence of theory based on this win, it is an interesting pattern that came up with good results this week.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't believe he had this swing his entire career. He went to Ballard because of his bad back and Ballard changed his swing to accommodate his bad back. I am sure Brian can tell us for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.