Congratulations to Adam Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame someone had to lose! What a battle !
I wonder what cabrerra was saying every time he hit a iron that was heading for the flag..
He kept yelling HOYT HOYT

Big fan of Scott. Played like a true champion down the stretch! They both did.

On a side note, anyone want to bet against the anchoring ban now?:)

Some of the best play by two players down the stretch at the Masters in a long, long time. I didn't really want Cabrera to win, but the way he played 16 and 17 was impressive; the way he played 18, when he simply had to birdie, that was BIG TIME.

Even more impressive, then, that Scott calms his emotions after making the biggest putt of his life and plays two great holes and then makes the biggest putt of his life! A great tournament.

I haven't looked closely but

Look at the top 20 finishers—including ties.

Think about all of their swings.

Notice anything?

Here is what Steve Elkington had to say via twitter

"Observation ... Both Adam & Angel both swing very close to target line.... A lot of players are working on a sideswiping action... U tell me"

Looks like a bit of a needle towards swinging left unless I have misunderstood him.

BH5hH-ACMAEfo7o.jpg

I think I'd give up one of my kids to swing like Cabrera. Stood behind him on the 18th tee at Harding Park (in San Francisco) a few years ago (well, we play it as the 18th, I think they rerouted the course). The tee on that hole has been moved so far back to account for the length of today's pros that it looked like it took a 300 yard drive just to carry the trees to get to the fairway (it's a dog leg). Cabrera just absolutely crushed a drive with such a freewheeling, effortless swing that he became my favorite swinger of the golf club. He just made the swing look so easy I couldn't believe it.

Given Brian's video on Adam Scott through the ball, I would venture a guess that it has something to do with a pretty pronounced going normal/bent left wrist through the ball type of release? Maybe that's going a bit too "big picture," as from what Brian and the gang are telling us, all good players do this.......so......I guess I really don't know what the common theme is.

Status
Not open for further replies.