Creating space for the hands and Release questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1). What is the easiest way to create space for the arms and hands in the downswing?

2). How does the amount of space you create in the downswing relate to your release? In other words..I swing right and come down on a steeper plane in the downswing. Not the TSP and not the elbow, I'm a tweener I guess. I don't retain the "deep" hips in the downswing great and swing "right".

Does this lack of maintaining the squat or having deep hips in the downswing contribute to this?

I ask this because I want to really improve my wedge play and I have a hunch that I may not release the club correctly for the wedges and that's why I can't hit the low burner that great wedge players seem to be able to. And I've tried it all, except for another release, or pivot feel. I hope this post doesn't come off as too much mumble jumble. Thanks.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
1). What is the easiest way to create space for the arms and hands in the downswing?

2). How does the amount of space you create in the downswing relate to your release? In other words..I swing right and come down on a steeper plane in the downswing. Not the TSP and not the elbow, I'm a tweener I guess. I don't retain the "deep" hips in the downswing great and swing "right", or "cf". Does this lack of maintaining the squat or having deep hips in the downswing contribute to this?

I ask this because I want to really improve my wedge play and I have a hunch that I may not release the club correctly for the wedges and that's why I can't hit the low burner that great wedge players seem to be able to. And I've tried it all, except for another release, or pivot feel. I hope this post doesn't come off as too much mumble jumble. Thanks.

the trick to hit the low burning wedge is to basically thin it and also use less loft and swing easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.