Cure for my Push Slice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love to draw the ball and I'm not a big fan of fading the ball with any club over a 7 iron unless I'm hitting out of rough.

There are certain dogleg right par fours that I play that demand I hit the ball 250 left to right with no bailout right or left.

When I try to hit a push fade I: aim 20 yards left, swing in to out, move my center of mass left significantly (but parallel to my original aim line) and try to hit a push fade but the shot generally turns into a push slice. I can never square up the face near the path. I suspect a lot of it has to do with moving my center of mass so much (to deloft the club) left which throws the path to the right but makes it much harder for me to get the club square.

If I don't move significantly left I add a signficiant amount of loft and hit his fades/cuts that go nowhere. When I move significantly left I can't get the clubface to rotate close to the path and it's just hanging wide open (think of a beginner).

I want to move left to deloft the club for my cut/fade, but I don't want the slice. Just shut the face at setup and see what happens?

Erik_K

New
Do you want to hit a pull fade or a push fade? That is to say do you want to start the ball right of the target and then fall to the right? Or do you want to pull it left of the target and have had fade back (fall to the right) of the target?

It sounds like you want a pull fade (for a right handed golfer). Maybe you are a lefty and the situation is the mirror image.

If I don't move significantly left I add a signficiant amount of loft and hit his fades/cuts that go nowhere.

I try to keep my hips so far back that I feel like all of my weight is on the ball of my right foot during impact. And I try to aggressively swing left. Thinking of hitting a screaming line drive into the left foul bleachers. Doesn't result in an excessive amount of loft for me.

Another thing: I'm hitting a nine-degree driver. What if you try to reduce spin by changing you driver loft / shaft?

I want a push fade (not a pull fade).

My pull fades are weak and generally 1-2 clubs shorter. Also, under pressure the pull becomes a bigger over the top move.

I want the path in to out with the face open, BUT not let the dynamic loft increase too much which is why I move the COM forward to help deloft the face. The more I fall forward to deloft the harder it is to get the face from not being wide open.

My brain likes being in control of my shots through the gamma torque on the club which is why I love draws. My gamma torque is naturally closing the club face. I wonder if I started from a severely closed club face and tried to open that club face my brain, neuromuscular awareness, would find a fade to be easier to hit under pressure.

I can hit any shot on the range. Major winner there.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
If I were going to hit a push fade, I would aim very left, take the club a bit more back outside, and work under it the whole downswing.

Thanks Brian. That's what I feel on the range. The hard part is doing that shot on tight holes under pressure. Not enough myelin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.