Describe the last 3 feet before impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
Saw in another thread, running out of right arm, that one goal was delivering a bent right arm into the ball.

So assuming that one wants a 5I straight shot with average downward angle of attack, then from LAST left arm parallel, what is necessary to get to good impact?

And...will..that be part of Project 1.68?

Maybe there are late tumblers or early tumblers, so if necessary describe what you assume is going on.

In some of Brian's videos he shows the belt is already fairly well facing the target (or at least 45 degrees to target line), but the hips have stopped their major motion, and then the arms come swooping by the body. From slow mo or pros we see a fair amount of hand action quite close to and continuing after impact.

My own plan has been to swing the arms rightward while closing the clubface and extending the right arm. Now I am thinking of adding left shoulder up. But this seems to be requiring a lot of consicous thought (!), at least prior to making the swing as I get ready.

Is there any way to simplify, or is this all off base?

I think there are two ways, that I feel it and one way I can do it:

I run out of right arm with the driver when my right shoulder gets way under plane (way too steep), my axis tilts to much and I can't reach the ball without running out of right arm. The fix for me: I feel my right shoulder gets a little closer to the target line (some carry) and that helps me a lot.

I guess you could have a steep shoulder turn IF you could get a pitch right elbow. My frame is not build for that position.

I'm more of a Carry and Cover guy.

I very rarely have that run out error with an iron.

dbl

New
Thanks for that...you reminded me of something. 2 years ago I had a big pitch elbow but had drifted away from it trying more of a Jack Nicklaus backswing. Maybe I'm doing all these steps to make up for what 'pitch' gave me

There is simplification in here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.