Did a broken foot teach me the 'keeping the back to the target' or the KIB in BBKIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've played today for the first time after fracturing my 5th metatarsal about 6 weeks ago. I am still limping a bit and took a buggy. As my right leg is still weakish and I am a bit protective of my right foot my swing felt different. It felt like I left my right side behind in the downswing.
I've started working (before my enforced break) on the new ideas combined with art's BBKIB but although I get the Bumpy back part I couldn't quite figure out the 'Keep it back' part. Until today, as my right leg was rather passive the hip stayed back. I hit very straight shots and stayed balanced which is normally not the case. I got 56% GIR (while I am normally happy with a GIR of over 30%).

I however noticed that I wasn't facing the target at the end of the follow through (a few degrees to right) and my foot didn't rotate much (normally I would be on the toes of my right foot with the bend leg pointing straight at the target).

How does KIB feel for you? Is your finish position different to what it used to be?
Strange but it seems that a broken foot taught me to swing more balanced - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that lesson but hey - if it helps your golf :cool:

Regards

ParHunter

art

New
Hi,

I've played today for the first time after fracturing my 5th metatarsal about 6 weeks ago. I am still limping a bit and took a buggy. As my right leg is still weakish and I am a bit protective of my right foot my swing felt different. It felt like I left my right side behind in the downswing.
I've started working (before my enforced break) on the new ideas combined with art's BBKIB but although I get the Bumpy back part I couldn't quite figure out the 'Keep it back' part. Until today, as my right leg was rather passive the hip stayed back. I hit very straight shots and stayed balanced which is normally not the case. I got 56% GIR (while I am normally happy with a GIR of over 30%).

I however noticed that I wasn't facing the target at the end of the follow through (a few degrees to right) and my foot didn't rotate much (normally I would be on the toes of my right foot with the bend leg pointing straight at the target).

How does KIB feel for you? Is your finish position different to what it used to be?
Strange but it seems that a broken foot taught me to swing more balanced - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that lesson but hey - if it helps your golf :cool:

Regards

ParHunter

Dear ParHunter,

Looks like par-hunting is in your future with a little more experience with BBKIB, so I will peel the science one more layer for you in hopes you can better understand the depth of the science of this simple characteristic, and continue to use it.

First though, I KNOW in the near future your enthusiasm COULD over-ride your sensibilities, and have you swinging harder than you should.

During my 5 year search for golf truth, mostly paying attention to dynamic balance, I had the fortune to spend time with a GREAT physical therapist for golfers, Ramsay Mc Master, who as I have reported in an earlier blog, passed away very unexpectedly last year. However, very well schooled in helping and repairing injured golfers, he often pointed out to me that the 'residual' effects of an injury could affect the golf swing for up to a year, as the body will 'automatically' protect itself from additional injury. SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

But, as you rehabilitate, I ask you the favor to keep BBKIB in the forefront for reasons I will now provide.

As you for sure know from my posts, and our previous PM correspondence, I 100% believe that TEMPO/RHYTHM, and dynamic balance and stability margin are the absolute prerequisites for 'continuous golf improvement'. Without assured repeatability in these areas, we are all committed to wide variations in results in both distance, but much more importantly, in accuracy/dispersion. Additionally, as some on this site have experienced and commented, the more demanding 'finesse-based' moves such as shot shaping, often become masked by variations in tempo and balance errors.

So, behind, and below BBKIB, are additional levels of scientific evidence that involve IMO, how the body can best produce a repeating quality full swing. While I admit to these NOT being optimum for everybody, the simple set-up and transition attention to the right hip encourages a better stance and engages the spine and inner and outer core and facia more efficiently resulting in not only better dynamic balance, but a more complete (range of motion) and controlled/stable back swing and down swing. Most importantly however, is that the full engagement of these energy storing body elements provide a much more reliable and repeatable 'dynamic system' allowing the work of Dr. Robert Grober and findings of Sr. and Jr. John Novosel "Tour Tempo" to be appreciated an IMO, believed

To be just a little more specific, for the lower body, bending from the hips, and a little bit of 'fanny out', and a little bit of lodosis of the lower back is important, but difficult to identify in a simple definition and instruction like BBKIB. But the previously reported characteristics of pre activation, a stable starting point, better stretch shorten cycles, and best of all better organized kinematic sequencing, and overall full swing timing are all part of the advantages of what you are doing, and I hope will continue to do, AND REPORT.

Thanks for the confidence in doing this as you rehabilitate.

Best regards,
art

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Dynamic balance - The state of equilibrium in which centrifugal forces due to a rotating mass do not produce force in the shaft so vibration is reduced.

Could anyone have told me that without looking it up???

leon

New
Hi,

Regards

ParHunter

Sounds good. I'm off to break my foot right now :)

art

New
Dynamic balance - The state of equilibrium in which centrifugal forces due to a rotating mass do not produce force in the shaft so vibration is reduced.

Nice find, and thanks Kevin,

I guess anyone who drives a car and has had their wheels balanced has been introduced to the phenomenon, but this is just for one axis.

The fun in the missiles and space business was the need to provide dynamic balance for all axes, especially for a type of satellite developed at Hughes known as a 'spin stabilized satellite', and then for advanced versions with deploy-able features.

However, even these multiple axes devices wane in INSIGNIFICANCE to the golf swing with its many 'instantaneous screw axes of rotation', and the additional many sources of rotational energies and torques.

I hope and pray some day to awaken the REAL GOLF SCIENCE WORLD to want to study these areas, as I am just prepared to give them an overview of my hypotheses, and the test results to date.

Best regards,
art

hp12c

New

Heck no I dropped out of high school.

hp12c

New
Hard to tell but it wasn't less. Had some really nice drives and good irons.

I asked cause I injured my right index finger knuckle and to even try to strike a ball was painfull nevermind hitting the ground:(. So as i rehab this knucke Ive had to really just brush the grass super shallow and flippy:mad: and lost about 1 club length in idistance, no hittin down on it, but the good news is Ive shot some real good low scores lately :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.