Diets and Exercise Programs That Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

I titled this thread “Diets and Exercise Programs That Work!” and I am not talking about Atkins, Zone, Hollywood or others. I am talking about your diet and what you eat and how you exercise to stay in shape so you will not look like “Joe The Plummer”.

If many will list their diet and exercise programs that work I believe it will help others and give everybody an idea what worked for you. I hope we can all do this without putting someone’s diet & exercise program down just because we might not agree with it.

Just like swing patterns, we must try different ones and find what works for us. I am a big believer in staying fit not only for a better golf game but for life. I did let myself slip and it was not easy getting back to where I wanted to be. I will not do it again. This change is for life!

Ok I will start this off:

I started my diet and exercise program when I weighed 247 on 9-24-08 and had 32% body fat. It will be 6 months in a few days and I now weigh 182 and have 14% body fat.

Here is what I did:

My daily diet for the first 4 months was ½ pound of Boars Head Deli Cajun turkey meat, 1/3 cup of Original Fiber One bran cereal dry (The No Sugar One), 1 gallon of alkaline water which I use some for making decaf coffee and decaf green tea. I also take a Pharmanex Lifepak Nano vitamin pack twice a day. For the sugar cravings I eat Memtos (Sugar Free) mixed berries candy when needed. As for the exercise program I trained with a X-iser Xiser Exercise Equipment | Fitness Equipment | Exercise Machines 10 minutes a day and did old school weight lifting (dumb bells & bar bells) 3 times a week for 30 minutes a session.

Now my daily diet is ½ to 1 pound of Boars Head Deli Cajun turkey meat, 2 cups of Original Fiber One bran cereal dry (The No Sugar One), 1 cup of steamed broccoli, 5 bite size dried prunes. I drink 1 gallon of alkaline water which I use some for making decaf coffee and decaf green tea. I take a Pharmanex Lifepak Nano vitamin pack twice a day. For the sugar cravings I eat Memtos (Sugar Free) mixed berries candy when needed. As for the exercise program I train with a X-iser Xiser Exercise Equipment | Fitness Equipment | Exercise Machines 10 minutes a day and do old school weight lifting (dumb bells & bar Bells) 3 times a week for 30 minutes a session.

Well that is how I did it.

Please post you “Diets and Exercise Programs That Work” and also let us know how much weight and body fat you lost. You’re before and after story.

To Better Golf,
John W Rohan-Weaver GSEM

Last edited:

Bronco Billy

What Do You Eat for ThanksGiving......

I titled this thread “Diets and Exercise Programs That Work!” and I am not talking about Atkins, Zone, Hollywood or others. I am talking about your diet and what you eat and how you exercise to stay in shape so you will not look like “Joe The Plummer”.

If many will list their diet and exercise programs that work I believe it will help others and give everybody an idea what worked for you. I hope we can all do this without putting someone’s diet & exercise program down just because we might not agree with it.

Just like swing patterns, we must try different ones and find what works for us. I am a big believer in staying fit not only for a better golf game but for life. I did let myself slip and it was not easy getting back to where I wanted to be. I will not do it again. This change is for life!

Ok I will start this off:

I started my diet and exercise program when I weighed 247 on 9-24-08 and had 32% body fat. It will be 6 months in a few days and I now weigh 182 and have 14% body fat.

Here is what I did:

My daily diet for the first 4 months was ½ pound of Boars Head Deli Cajun turkey meat, 1/3 cup of Original Fiber One bran cereal dry (The No Sugar One), 1 gallon of alkaline water which I use some for making decaf coffee and decaf green tea. I also take a Pharmanex Lifepak Nano vitamin pack twice a day. For the sugar cravings I eat Memtos (Sugar Free) mixed berries candy when needed. As for the exercise program I trained with a X-iser Xiser Exercise Equipment | Fitness Equipment | Exercise Machines 10 minutes a day and did old school weight lifting (dumb bells & bar bells) 3 times a week for 30 minutes a session.

Now my daily diet is ½ to 1 pound of Boars Head Deli Cajun turkey meat, 2 cups of Original Fiber One bran cereal dry (The No Sugar One), 1 cup of steamed broccoli, 5 bite size dried prunes. I drink 1 gallon of alkaline water which I use some for making decaf coffee and decaf green tea. I take a Pharmanex Lifepak Nano vitamin pack twice a day. For the sugar cravings I eat Memtos (Sugar Free) mixed berries candy when needed. As for the exercise program I train with a X-iser Xiser Exercise Equipment | Fitness Equipment | Exercise Machines 10 minutes a day and do old school weight lifting (dumb bells & bar Bells) 3 times a week for 30 minutes a session.

Well that is how I did it.

Please post you “Diets and Exercise Programs That Work” and also let us know how much weight and body fat you lost. You’re before and after story.

To Better Golf,
John W Rohan-Weaver GSEM

turkey.jpg

d0n

New
Strength for Life works pretty well.

The key to any program's success is making sure the program was designed to meet the participants goals. Most ultimately boil down to eating well and using more calories than you take in on a daily basis. Any fitness plan will get results, some better than others but ultimately the best workout programs are the one's that keep the participant engaged. Without engagement and/or dedication no workout plan will ever be very successful.

With all that being said, participants should also have realistic expectations. It's not very realistic to assume you can slap on 10lbs of muscle a month while loosing 20lbs+ of fat. You didn't gain that extra 30lbs overnight, you're not going to loose it in a month. All of these infomercials and supplement sellers are part to blame for all the failed fitness experiences. Claims of loosing 20lbs a month set high expectations for normal people who don't know any better. These ads and testimonials set people up for failure because the participants go in with the wrong expectations. Don't get me wrong, people eating habits and lifestyles are why they get overweight (in most cases) but promissing people that they can loose 20lbs in a month is all hype. It does the fitness industry a lot more damage than it does good. But if you are lazy and always looking for a shortcut with the least effort, marketing is always the easy way out...

Absolutely correct. I think changing the program and keeping the Body and Mind busy is absolutely key. Most people get bored with programs and thats why they don't stick to it. That is definetly my problem. My goal is to change "routines" every 2-3 weeks. I just have to keep challenging myself. Thats what great athletes do, for the most part.....Keep it Fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.