Difference between clubface control and steering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't cubface control at least a form of "steering"? I don't understand the difference.

Thanks,
p

Clubface control is knowing where your clubface is directed and directing it where you want it to go.

Steering is, I think according to the way it is usually used here, a problem generally of hookers who try to keep the face from going too far left and try to keep the face facing towards the target to avoid going left and then left-er.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
steering is trying to move the clubhead in a certain path to get the ball to start where you want it instead of having proper club face for the path you started on.

I thought you were supposed to "drag the handle" as that keeps your hands in front of the clubhead (forward shaft lean)?

Isn't cubface control at least a form of "steering"? I don't understand the difference.

Thanks,
p

Clubface "management" might be a better description.

I thought you were supposed to "drag the handle" as that keeps your hands in front of the clubhead (forward shaft lean)?

NOOOOOOO! Aim the thrust, manage the lag and the throwout action will present the club to the ball with forward lean. Forward lean is only for an instance anyway, then the clubhead will seek alignment with the left arm and overtake.

I occasionally have some issues with steering and it always stems from coming slightly over the top. The clubface initially starts going left, the mind tries to square up the clubface to the target and all hell breaks loose.

3JACK

I occasionally have some issues with steering and it always stems from coming slightly over the top. The clubface initially starts going left, the mind tries to square up the clubface to the target and all hell breaks loose.

3JACK

All these terms and terminology, what happen to 2 kids who does not understand the English language? Is it gonna make a difference? Not likely. But then, when form dictates the function, ahh..... then it all fall in place.

Burner

New
Steering is trying to hit the ball dead centre in the rear, with a club face held square to the target line into and way beyond impact, in a misguided attempt to steer the ball straight down the the target line.

Swinging on an inclined plane with a club face that opens on the back swing and closes on the down swing, squaring up naturally, or by skilled club face control, through impact in the process, is overridden by the steerer.

Status
Not open for further replies.