Distance gaps between each club - Fightscope data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would share my FS data across all of my irons

2n034hv.jpg

2ntjpxy.jpg

Here is what I learnt.

1. The gap between my PW (46*) and 52* wedge is probably too large.

2. The distances between my irons is fairly consistent (i.e 10-11m) from PW through to 6-iron. There’s only a 6m gap between 6-iron and 5-iron, but then the wheels fall off. I need hybrids to replace my 3- and 4-iron.

3. Vertical launch angle (VLA) too high for every iron.

Questions:
1. Is the 10-11m gap between irons OK?

2. Would a 50*, 54*, 58* wedge combination make more sense (than my current 52,56,60)

3. Is getting the hands more forward at impact the fundamental for decreasing VLA?

Questions:
1. Is the 10-11m gap between irons OK?

2. Would a 50*, 54*, 58* wedge combination make more sense (than my current 52,56,60)

3. Is getting the hands more forward at impact the fundamental for decreasing VLA?
1 Yes, the length of the gap is a function of the swing/ball-speed. That 10-11 meters is a nice gap
2 --
3 Yes, Lower Dynamic loft will get the VLA lower. But remember that that might also lower the Ball landing angle which is now really nice.

--
watch the swingspeed and smashfactor gaps....

Agreed. Why would my SS not be increasing for the longer clubs?

swingweight or moi and/or total weigth and/or balance and/or flex profiles not in sync with your swing..Iron 4 is off looking at the drop in swingspeed, iron 5 is off looking at the smashfactor.

Loft might also be an issue with those two....

Just measure them all and then look at the profiles to see if any clear outlier is visible within the profile(s)....

Status
Not open for further replies.