does degree means anything on irons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to replace my mizuno mp69 pitching wedge with the titleist wedge.
Both are 46 degrees, however I'm hitting the mp69 about 10 yards further.
Is it because the sole is bigger on the mp69s?

Ah, well you should definitely get them measured. Just because they're brand new doesn't mean the stamp will match the actual measurement. When I first adjusted my off the rack wedges they were all way out of spec.

At one point, I brought a set of Titleist something or others that I bought on e-Bay to a very experienced club fitter I know to have some Project X's installed. When I went to pick them up, he went through the lofts while I was there. His comment was that Titleists and Ping are pretty true to lie and loft, but most of what he sees is all over the place.

Burner

New
I wanted to replace my mizuno mp69 pitching wedge with the titleist wedge.
Both are 46 degrees, however I'm hitting the mp69 about 10 yards further.
Is it because the sole is bigger on the mp69s?

No. Its because the loft at impact is less on the shots that are going furthest.

I would not eliminate the shaft as a factor from what I have read so far. Are they the same length? probably are but if one is an S3 and one is a KBS or a 5.5 you could notice a big jump. When I switched to CTaper 125S+ I picked up a half of a club at least.

hp12c

New
Ah distance is good but remember in golf its not how far but how many. First try em out and see which one helps in scoring lower. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.