does trackman give club data on swings with no ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm hoping someone can verify this. if so, it'd be interesting to (or have students) alternate hitting a ball and taking dry practice swings (maybe using a tee or other marker in the ground) and take average club numbers for each and compare. it seems like it could be valuable feel training to try to get the two to sync up. i'd be really curious to see how the numbers looked for golfers of different skill levels.

Trackman does not give data for swing with no ball.
And if it did the data would be of no use because when you make a swing with out a ball it is not the same as with a ball.
I know this because before i had a TM i had a Golftek and the data with a ball and with out where not the same.

It measures the ball's flight, so yes.

If you mean:
will the ball's "programming" (Face, Path, Contact) not necessarily match up to its real ball flight in the presence of wind?
Then, also yes.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Separate question- does trackman data take into account wind conditions?

If you are asking whether or not side spin imparted by wind is taken into account than the answer is no. The balls launch spin is say 3000 rpms and a 1 degree tilted left side spin into a heavy headwind slightly out of the right. That balls spin will surely be hit by the wind and curve more.

Status
Not open for further replies.