Dragging the handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be fair to say that the golfer is trying to avoid "dragging the handle" both in the backswing and the downswing and that to all intents and purposes, for optimal performance the club is in the hands but is not moved by the hands?

I definately feel like moving the club with the hands. To not drag the club is a matter of the forces you put on the club with the hands.

ej20

New
I will have to think about this but I suspect you can see handle dragging on video.From caddie view,if your hands reach their low point after impact then you are handle dragging.If your hands reach low point before impact and are rising at impact then you are not handle dragging.

Not handle dragging feels like cracking a whip.Handle dragging feels like pulling a wet mop.Needles to say which will be more powerful.

Weird way to describe the movement. You can move your hands fast but not necessarily put any impetus in the clubhead. It's how you move your hands (or don't move them). If people would think about swinging the clubhead and not the grip...

Status
Not open for further replies.