draws, fades, and dynamic loft

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the best way to hit draws and fades without altering the dynamic loft too much?

my draws are often launching too low, and the fades too high.

any trackman/flightscope users had luck working the ball without much change in the launch conditions?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
what's the best way to hit draws and fades without altering the dynamic loft too much?

Sometimes its actually reversed. Some people lean the shaft more to release later for a fade and launch it lower

This isn't Trackman advice, but it's how I think about hitting low cuts and high draws.

1. High Draw
I think this show requires a lot of axis tilt, as you need to swing right without smothering the ball. So you need to play the ball up in your stance yet still strike down and out on it with axis tilt. Think of starting it right (making sure not to get so on top of it that you start it low and left of your target) and high but letting it turn over.

2. Low Cut
I think of this shot as a hard slider to the right, not a typical high soft fade.
For me it's important to get the ball far enough back in my stance that I can think about coming across it a bit but with forward shaft lean. Then, like Kevin says, it's a matter of holding on and getting the ball to shoot out low, cutting to the right, before you've gotten to the release.

Just my 2p.

Status
Not open for further replies.