Drill for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've begun to try to have my hands too far forward at impact. My body senses this at the last second and causes me to hang back and flip. Are there any drills to correct this?

gary players walk through drill

or try this one. address the ball and from a totally static position, push the ball forward as far as possible, whilst moving to a finish position. the only way to make this go as far as you can is by not flipping and continually moving forward, not hanging back

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I think I've begun to try to have my hands too far forward at impact. My body senses this at the last second and causes me to hang back and flip. Are there any drills to correct this?

I think it might depend on how you are trying to get forward hands. If there is pressure on the hosel and you just pull your hands forward, you will sense this is wrong and stop and flip (or shank). Try to lag the sweetspot and get some axis tilt and the opening of your shoulders (rotation) will give you forward hands. You lead arm should stay nicely connected to your chest thru impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.