Driver clubface at the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the clubface be in line with the left forearm? Facing the sky? or toe down? or somewhere else? at the top.

Depends on the golfer...the swing that golfer is making...the shot...combo of the three.

Duval hits a fade with the face pointing way to the sky...same with Trevino...

Just realized I can't think of anyone who is the opposite. (toe down, hits draw)

Actually...

I think Chad Campbell plays it right to left and pretty close to toe down (with a weaker grip than most would call standard)

Should the clubface be in line with the left forearm? Facing the sky? or toe down? or somewhere else? at the top.

The issue isn't where is the clubface is at the top of the backstroke because its not important, the issue is that the clubface has been set with a relationship to the left wrist and this is maintained through a consistent hold without grip any slippage and they respond to the mass/weight of the clubhead moving with relation to the overtaking caused by the de-acceleration phase of backstroke with the arm and the acceleration which you create by the maintaining a rigidity/torsion of the left wrist during the initial acceleration from address which means that your hands are moving in accordance to physics instead of creating additional movements.

Do you want to be a golfer that moves according to what is most simple and natural or do you want to be the golfer who wants to add complications?

Last edited:
The issue isn't where is the clubface is at the top of the backstroke because its not important, the issue is that the clubface has been set with a relationship to the left wrist and this is maintained through a consistent hold without grip any slippage and they respond to the mass/weight of the clubhead moving with relation to the overtaking caused by the de-acceleration phase of backstroke with the arm and the acceleration which you create by the maintaining a rigidity/torsion of the left wrist during the initial acceleration from address which means that your hands are moving in accordance to physics instead of creating additional movements.
whoa! that's one hell of a run on sentence.
Do you want to be a golfer that moves according to what is most simple and natural or do you want to be the golfer who wants to add complications?
uh, i'll take the former. pray tell...

Umm, what?

I'm trying hard to wrap my head around what you just said. What exactly are you advocating?

Additionally, is what is the "most simple" necessarily "natural"? This sounds like you're advocating a so-called "uncompensated" golf swing. I can't imagine you actually are, so I'm curious as to what you're referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.