Driver Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hitting the driver poorly. I think I may be a bit steep, I do swing my irons fairly steep and have been swinging my driver in a similar way. Have been struggling with pull hooks and some "pull cuts." Also not hitting it as high as I used to. I used to swing all my clubs very flat, more around than up and down, but since NSA (and having ditched a certain method) I have been swinging more upright, with great results.

So. . .if you had to classify the driver swing as one or the other, which would it be: Up and Down or more Around?

One last question, do any of you feel as if you swing the driver differently than the rest of your clubs.

Thanks.

Thanks, i have watched the episode and so i guess i do know that the driver is swung on a flatter plane, but i still struggle with how flat. How different should the driver swing feel? Do any of you guys feel like it is a totally different swing?

I am hitting the driver poorly. I think I may be a bit steep, I do swing my irons fairly steep and have been swinging my driver in a similar way. Have been struggling with pull hooks and some "pull cuts." Also not hitting it as high as I used to. I used to swing all my clubs very flat, more around than up and down, but since NSA (and having ditched a certain method) I have been swinging more upright, with great results.

So. . .if you had to classify the driver swing as one or the other, which would it be: Up and Down or more Around?

One last question, do any of you feel as if you swing the driver differently than the rest of your clubs.

Thanks.

For SOME people you have to feel like your pivot slows down, for others not so much. It depends on what the fault is. For example, for me I feel like on my irons I turn hard from the top...even the 3iron. For the Driver I feel like I have to have more patience. If I don't, wipe city. I think you have to identify whether it is a face or path problem..a pivot problem, or an arm swing issue, or is a lack of understanding of one, or both of the two getting in the way. If it were me, Id pay attention to the pivot center and its movement first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.