Driver troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

After reviewing all my Manzella videos and You tubes. I went out yesterday and was hitting all my fairway shots really really well. Great divots long and powerful ball flight. Both my woods and irons were really good. But............... my usual good driving just wasn't working. I usually hit a draw, my miss being a pull/hook but using the same swing as I used on the fairway only more upright I hit two or 3 really good drives, long but a bit right. Others even more right. Felt like I was late to the ball, other shots were very low duck hooks. So a real mixed bag.

Anyone any suggestions?

Last edited:

hcw

New
Hi there,

After reviewing all my Manzella videos and You tubes. I went out yesterday and was hitting all my fairway shots really really well. Great divots long and powerful ball flight. Both my woods and irons were really good. But............... my usual good driving just wasn't working. I usually hit a draw, my miss being a pull/hook but using the same swing as I used on the fairway only more upright I hit two or 3 really good drives, long but a bit right. Others even more right. Felt like I was late to the ball, other shots were very low duck hooks. So a real mixed bag.

Anyone any suggestions?

Go back to the old way of swinging the driver and/or rewatch this?:

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8560&highlight=driver+video

Go back to the old way of swinging the driver and/or rewatch this?:

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8560&highlight=driver+video

Yes I will re-watch this again and again. But I don't really want to go back to my old swing because although I was always in the fairway my swing felt less powerful and I hit bit shorter. I am trying to ingrain the new swing so I don't go back to old habits. I can feel that this is going to be better but at the moment am all over the place. Why would it just be off the tee would I have this problem? any ideas?

hcw

New
Anyone, Anyone, Manzella?

...Why would it just be off the tee would I have this problem? any ideas?

...iirc brian mentions in the video that hitting the driver off the tee is different than strokes with other clubs, so you have to do some things differently...hopefully he can chime in!?

-hcw

Leek

New
Since you are "across the pond" why not send your swing to either Brian or the academy for the video lesson package. Here's why:

I had a lesson recently where I was consistently hitting my irons to the target, with very few misses. Once we got the driver out, I hit it all over the face and truly made a different swing. We found a way to strike the ball well with my driver, then took that swing to the irons. It gave me much better clubface control, more clubhead speed and better trajectory. We then took that swing to pitch shots and guess what, they were great too!

I believe there could be a flaw that isn't showing up in the shorter clubs that Brian, Mike, Michael, Chris etc could help you fix FAST.

Thanks for your replies :)

After watching Brians video again a few times. It is possible that I am maybe overdoing some things as a correction from doing things wrong before. Do you think that any of these in particular could be the problem?

I was coming over the top a bit on my start down. I am now leaving my hands back much better and allowing the pivot to do the work, which is really causing a much more inside path and club feeling much heavier, really lagging behind. Could I be doing this too much?

Secondly I used to swing through actively to my finish, not keeping my head back. Now I am throwing the club and keeping my head back letting the action pull me to a full finish. Could I be holding back too much?

Since you are "across the pond" why not send your swing to either Brian or the academy for the video lesson package. Here's why:

I had a lesson recently where I was consistently hitting my irons to the target, with very few misses. Once we got the driver out, I hit it all over the face and truly made a different swing. We found a way to strike the ball well with my driver, then took that swing to the irons. It gave me much better clubface control, more clubhead speed and better trajectory. We then took that swing to pitch shots and guess what, they were great too!

I believe there could be a flaw that isn't showing up in the shorter clubs that Brian, Mike, Michael, Chris etc could help you fix FAST.

I am originally from across the pond but now just north :) Canada

I like the idea of Brians video package but it is likely the wrong time of year for me. Golf season will be over shortly until May :( :( :( then I will have to start all over again.

Leek

New
I am originally from across the pond but now just north :) Canada

I like the idea of Brians video package but it is likely the wrong time of year for me. Golf season will be over shortly until May :( :( :( then I will have to start all over again.

Do they have golf domes or heated ranges in your area? Those of us in cold climates work so hard on out games, then stop for the winter.

When I do this, in spring all of my old faults pay me a long visit. NO MORE! I'm working on my game all winter.

Do they have golf domes or heated ranges in your area? Those of us in cold climates work so hard on out games, then stop for the winter.

When I do this, in spring all of my old faults pay me a long visit. NO MORE! I'm working on my game all winter.

For my first two years of golf I tried that. I ended up worse than I started. Grrrrrrr. Developed more faults than if I had left it alone. This year I am going to try playing a sim at least once a week as at least that gives you some feedback.

It really is a pain though. You just get your swing back for the year and boom it is winter.

Leek

New
Well- I'll use the dome, go to florida or arizona a few times, and go see Brian in Louisiana. I'm not going to let it slide.

Well- I'll use the dome, go to florida or arizona a few times, and go see Brian in Louisiana. I'm not going to let it slide.

Wow! lucky you. If I could go to Florida, Arizona and see Brian I would too :) :) :)

Was out golfing today. Wouldn't you know it, my driving was really great but but the rest of my game was a little off. I guess it is golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.