Dynamic swings and swedish lessons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Tony is the one in the striped shirt ( aged 17 yr) and Gipper is the smaller one ( aged 16).

Tony has great swing - looks abit Michael Finney - esque!! Gipper is more of the "swing out of his shoes" kind of guy - Tell me golf is not a sport when it is played like that!!!

380 meters (415 yards) at the range is a long way.

I thought that they were talking in yards and the teletext was converting to metres ... maybe wrong though... will watch it again !

Would like to see more of Tony's swing rather than Gipper's.

Chris Sturgess

They both do that jumping off the ground move through impact and replanting of the left foot like Tiger and Bubba. What's up with that?

I thought that they were talking in yards and the teletext was converting to metres ... maybe wrong though... will watch it again !

Would like to see more of Tony's swing rather than Gipper's.

I agree with wanting to see some more of Tony, and the with yardage/meters conversion.

JeffM

The two Finau brothers are from Salt Lake City, where I live, and I have practiced alongisde them at the local golf practice facility. They are both amazingly long hitters. They don't usually "jump off the ground" and they are both capable of swinging extremely smoothly. However, at their young age, they obviously try to power their shots when "showing-off". Tony has an extremely good short game and he is apparently a great putter. He once scored 59.

I am interested to see what happens to them golf-professionally, considering that they apparently have no professional golf coach. Their uncle was their coach when they were practising alongside me, and the only advice I heard him give that day was "to keep the lower body quiet". I hope that their decision to become professional at such a young age doesn't hurt their future chances.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.