"Early" Hip Turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Brian -

Regarding our session back in mid June where the main focus was to get the hands "higher" at the top (which I believe I have made improvement on) and your response to the "Inside Takeaway" thread -

Can I incorporate an early hip turn which would pull my hands more inside going back along with the motion to take my hands "up" over the shoulders? I feel that many times on the course that I "cut" by backswing too short with irons and then over accelerate causing missed shots. Would an early hip turn help in completing the backswing?

Also, you made the comment in the "Inside Takeaway" thread that at "1st" parallel (the shaft can point across the target / plane line to the right) and but that when the shaft is again parallel to the ground on the downswing, it should be parallel to the target / plane line. Do I understand that correctly? Would that be applicable to me, or should I try to keep the club "outside" the hands on the way back?

Overall, I have improved since June (hdcp back down to +2 from 0). In the last week, I have made some significant improvements to my putting which should lead to some better scores. Also, I am trying to use "mid sole" on all my chips and short pitches.

In the semi finals of the club championship this weekend.

Thanks again for your contribution to helping golfers everwhere.

Bruce

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
MEG RYAN. ;)

Can I incorporate an early hip turn which would pull my hands more inside going back along with the motion to take my hands "up" over the shoulders?

Yes!

I feel that many times on the course that I "cut" by backswing too short with irons and then over accelerate causing missed shots. Would an early hip turn help in completing the backswing?

Yes!

Also, you made the comment in the "Inside Takeaway" thread that at "1st" parallel (the shaft can point across the target / plane line to the right) and but that when the shaft is again parallel to the ground on the downswing, it should be parallel to the target / plane line. Do I understand that correctly?

Yes!

Would that be applicable to me?

Yes!

:D

Great Movie

Hey Dobber - I picked up on the "When Harry Met Sally" also, one of the all time funniest films.

The follow up line "I'll have what she's having" was a great line. I believe that the lady who said that was either Billy's or Meg's real life mother.

Brian - thanks for the quick reply - will let you know how it works out.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.