Els

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing out of his mouth in the BBC interview ... "I feel for Adam Scott, he is a great friend of mine".

A man in full.

Drew

eoscar

Els is a classy guy and has had his fair share of demons. Not suprised by his response, but top-notch either way.

Well, my oldest son has a form autism, and with all Ernie has done on that front alone, I guess you can see how I feel about him. By all accounts, he has his priorities in order, & is a good man. You have to respect that.

Plus, he can play a little golf!

Have you seen how he has been working with a South African woman who is helping his hand eye coordination for his putting? It'll start a new trend.

Have you seen how he has been working with a South African woman who is helping his hand eye coordination for his putting? It'll start a new trend.

She's apparently known for her work with the Springboks. I wonder how she's relating the two sports, especially in the putting department. Ernie was very criptic (don't blame him) in what they've been doing, only saying "the approach is completely different from anything I've tried, and I've tried everything."

Just goes to show there's still a lot to learn about how to optimise your golfing performance. Take Sergio's putting for example: he went all those golf/putting experts and made practically no progress. Most experts are full of shyte.

Well, my oldest son has a form autism, and with all Ernie has done on that front alone, I guess you can see how I feel about him. By all accounts, he has his priorities in order, & is a good man. You have to respect that.

Plus, he can play a little golf!

"... a good man"

Maybe the highest compliment bigball.

She's apparently known for her work with the Springboks. I wonder how she's relating the two sports, especially in the putting department. Ernie was very criptic (don't blame him) in what they've been doing, only saying "the approach is completely different from anything I've tried, and I've tried everything."

From her (Dr Sheryelle Calder) web site:

Calder, who has flown over from the Sports Science Institute in Cape Town, worked on the peripheral vision of England’s 2003 squad and is still involved in South African rugby union. Els, 42, believes her methods can sort out his putting.

As well as drills on the putting green, one of the exercises involves hitting a laptop space bar when he sees a particular ball appear on the screen.

Calder has told him it will take 13,000 tries until his eyes are fully trained. He is halfway there.

“It will take a while and I have got to show a little patience,” said Els.

“But I am making a lot more putts and I am a lot more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.